What's new

Match-up Discussion Scorp Vs Kit help?

Vagrant

Noob
....So I thought I had this matchup figured out.

Then I did sets with 16 Bit at GGA last thursday....

I haven't been embarrassed that badly in a while.

So any scorp mainers who would like to share their tips/ things to remember in this matchup would be greatly apreciated. I'm really at a loss right now after the beating I took last week.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Dude, to be blunt, this match-up is one of Scorpion's worst pains...EVER.

Attempting to zone Kitana with hellfire is useless, as she'll be chucking instant-air fans. Can't really trade with spear either, and even EX Spear is ill-advised because she can recover from a fan in time to block it. Her d1 is a huge headache for Scorpion too, since his own pokes are utter shit.

You could perhaps use a quick teleport to get in, but I advise not getting predictable with this, as you will be punished for a full combo on block if the Kitana player watches for it. Should you nail it as an anti-air, you get a combo leading to the vortex; if it connects on the ground, you can cross-up for free and get some pressure.

When trying to get in, check her with the d4. Be careful trying to anti-air since her jumpkick tends to beat out such attempts and she can follow up with a fan for over 30%.

Really man, you just have to say fuck it and go for the gamble when fighting against that blue whore. I don't know if what I say will be of help, but I've tried.

Vagrant

Noob
I can work around the fans more or less... ish

But when playing 16bit I noticed Kitana has a much better spacing game than I originally thought.

She seems to have an answer for everything. It's rough man...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!

But when playing 16bit I noticed Kitana has a much better spacing game than I originally thought.

Slips has played GGA 16 Bit. I believe they both can chime in here. In my opinion, this is one of those match-ups where you may need to fall back on a different character, unless you are that exceptional with your luck and reads.

NKZero

Noob

If you play with Sektor then use him for this MU, he fares much better. Kitana just beats Scorpion in every department making this a very difficult MU. I don't need to go into details, Blake covered it well.

Vagrant

Noob
If you play with Sektor then use him for this MU, he fares much better. Kitana just beats Scorpion in every department making this a very difficult MU. I don't need to go into details, Blake covered it well.
Yeah I'm thinking the princess may have to be a job for my favorite red robot.

Vagrant

Noob
You can punish her instant ass with 3 teleport. Even though there's a risk, you need to check her midscreen with jump ins once in a while. Make sure you win air to air trades. You also need to punish her cutter with neutral crouch 33 spear, if you dont punish it she will keep on doing it. On knockdown, check her with a d4. If she keeps jumping backwards on knockdown, go for a b2.
Good shit thank you

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I agree with blake, and with slips's assessment in another thread. If the kitana is playing the MU right, You literally have d4......and thats pretty much it. You're gonna get blown up in almost every other aspect of the match, out side of that lucky spear or punish.
Honestly, I agree with NKZero....use sektor in the MU. Or ..well...anyone else but scorpion. LoL. Hell, I'd rather play FUCKING SUB ZERO in this match up than scorpion.(not that it's much better, but you get the idea) Just my two cents, I played this match in casuals at a local this passed weekend against a kit player who knows the scorpion match up in and out...it fucking sucks bro. :(

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I hated this MU when I played Scorpion. Anyway, you've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't hopefully it helps...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
why didnt you ask bit since you played him? who can give better advice in that matchup (out of us) than the best kitana who was right next to you lol