What's new

[Saturday January 25, 2014] Austin Salty Battles 1.0 (Austin, Texas)

Hello all. Well....this is a first. To be clear *I AM NOT ORGANIZING THIS EVENT* and this will be my first go at a tournament. I am part of an Austin facebook group and this event was created very recently. I noticed it didn't have a thread here and I wanted to spread awareness. Injustice is only a side tournament, but they will run the game so long as more than 8 people show up and its a $5 entry fee for the venue and the tournament (so $10 total).

I'll be honest, I'm nervous as hell and am more than certain I'm going to choke and play awful, but after what Pig of the Hut said in his last podcast and the hype around NEC I'm tired of being an online warrior and I hunger for more. I want to support the scene. Actually......nvm, that sounds really weaksauce.

ahem:

FACE ME IF YOU DARE!!!! :joker:

FACEBOOK LINK:

https://www.facebook.com/events/604012926337188/?source=1

-When--
January 25, 2014

Sign up 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM - There will be no more signups after 12:00 to start Tournament at 12:30 PM. The tourney will start at 12:30 sharp.

--Where--
Goodwill Computer Museum
1015 Norwood Park Blvd
Austin TX 78753

--Tournament Schedule--
TBA Tournaments will start at 12:30 sharp.

--Venue Fee/Game Entry Fees-- There will be a one time $5 at the door when you sign up and each game will have its own entry fee listed below.

Games List and Consoles:

Main tournaments ($10)
ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3 -------------------XBOX
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 A.E. 2012---------------XBOX
KING OF FIGHTERS 13 --------------- (XBOX)
BLAZE BLUE CP --------------- PS3

Side tournaments ($5) (If there is more than 8 people we will run the game):
INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US (PS3)
MORTAL KOMBAT 9 (PS3)
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN 2013 (XBOX)
PERSONA 4 ARENA (XBOX)
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 (PS3)

I need will need about 6 (XBOX) along with monitors/tv
Will need 3 copies of marvel, sf4, kof 13
Will need 2 PS3 along with monitors/tv along with copies of BB CP.

Also, if you guys are wanting to be in the side tournament please make sure you bring the copies of the game.

Please see below for details if you are bringing equipment.

--Details--
To those bringing equipment. Please be at the venue by 10:00 AM. Also, if you are bringing any sort of equipment, I will knock off $2 off the venue fee making it $3.
Remember Goodwill has instructed that if the tournaments get big they will start throwing in prizes of their own. So, please support these events to see the prizes grow.

PLEASE, BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS, IF YOU CAN, TO FACILITATE WITH THE SPEED OF THE TOURNAMENT.

--Rules—
1) There’s a ZERO and I mean ZERO tolerance for stealing. If you find an item that does not belong to you please give it to the tournament volunteers or myself so we may find the right owner.
2) Please pick up after yourself. Do not leave any trash laying around.
3) If you entered in multiple games, please let the person running the bracket know, so that you do not get DQ’ed for being late.
4) You will have 5 mins to report to your match (unless you are already playing in a match). There are no if’s and but’s about it.
5) But most of all have fun and enjoy the tourney

Game rules:
Every one should know the default rules to each game. If you do not know the rules feel free to say the person in charge or the bracket or myself.

Last edited: