What's new

Sanwa JLF spring tension question

I desperately need to increase tension on my stick for spring returns. I am transitioning from an IL eurostick, and the stick tension is what right now is giving me the most trouble, especially with dashing. I rely heavily on the spring return for my double taps. What is the preferred method of getting this done? I have not searched far and wide yet, but lizard lick only had the standard spring. Would double stacking the springs work, or is there a place to get a heavier spring? It's not the gate, already experimented with square, octagonal, and circular. Settled on octagonal. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post, but I have done more research and have ordered a Seimitsu ls-33 and ls-55 spring to experiment. Anyone have any other ideas?

Well if anybody is interested, replacing the spring in the sanwa jlf with a seimitsu ls-55 worked wonders for me. The ls-33 still seemed a little loose. It leaves the stick a little spongy on the the outsides, but I'm sure that will wear in.

You can pick up a pack of springs at home depot for $2. The number on the package is 471864. You can try all different tensions that way. Thereare two or 3 that work good.

Or you could just try a Semitsu Ls-56. It has more tension and a shorter throw. You can add an doctor gate to it to reduce the throw even more. Good luck and have fun.

You can pick up a pack of springs at home depot for $2. The number on the package is 471864. You can try all different tensions that way. Thereare two or 3 that work good.

Or you could just try a Semitsu Ls-56. It has more tension and a shorter throw. You can add an doctor gate to it to reduce the throw even more. Good luck and have fun.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. The ls-55 is working well right now though.