What's new

Tech - Hish-Qu-Ten Safe Smart Disc set up

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I found a simple HQT one bar bnb that does really good damage or can get decent damage and a free smart disc (or two if that's your thing) throw. Check it out :)

This takes advantage of the Smart Disc 50/50 anti-wake up tech I posted the other day - link to it is here: www.testyourmight.com/threads/predator-anti-wakeup-stuff-via-smart-disc.54131/

Basically ending this combo with b22~smart disc gives the disc just enough time to get to the opponent right as soon as they wake-up which you may be able to bait with your running in.

I showcased Kung Lao because people say his Tempest spin is tough to beat...but I have also stuffed Reptile's ex slide.

Sadly, the overhead from 32 does not get there in time and you get hit every time but hell...beggars can't be choosers

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
For the corner combo in this video, I found that doing 4 xx smart disc, 4 xx straight shot, 321+3 for the ending portion does 49%. Skipping the NJP entirely gives you at least 4%-5% extra bits of damage, cuz scaling, and straight shot does 1% more damage than AA shot.

Sick tech btw, definitely looking at HQT now.
Idk what it is man. But i use 4xx disc and it whiffs quite a bit :/ any secrets to your consistency? I get the combo but not enough to be trying it in a match.

Idk what it is man. But i use 4xx disc and it whiffs quite a bit :/ any secrets to your consistency? I get the combo but not enough to be trying it in a match.
Honestly, just practice it. I really can't give you many tips other than wait for the moment when predator slams them and act as fast as you can for the standing 4 to connect.

FinalBoss_FGC

Honestly, just practice it. I really can't give you many tips other than wait for the moment when predator slams them and act as fast as you can for the standing 4 to connect.
When you slam him, press 4 right at the top of their bounce after nj2. And this combo does 49% as well I just missed the second 1 in b311 and I think b311 scales differently. Also, straight plasma may scale the best of the 3 plasma options. I have also hit b22 after a low plasma instead of high on the mid screen. And thanks @Cage Redfield ...I'm gonna try to find some fancy shit with Predator's unique pressure tonight after work. But I'm happy to help :) HQT is the best variation IMHO. But also, you can universally do nj2, ji3~air smart disc, b22~smart disc...the set up can be universal but I don't think the damage is as good.

Reauxbot

When you slam him, press 4 right at the top of their bounce after nj2. And this combo does 49% as well I just missed the second 1 in b311 and I think b311 scales differently. Also, straight plasma may scale the best of the 3 plasma options. I have also hit b22 after a low plasma instead of high on the mid screen. And thanks @Cage Redfield ...I'm gonna try to find some fancy shit with Predator's unique pressure tonight after work. But I'm happy to help :) HQT is the best variation IMHO. But also, you can universally do nj2, ji3~air smart disc, b22~smart disc...the set up can be universal but I don't think the damage is as good.
Honestly im really not trying to get too used to the damage as it seems its just till the next patch thay damage will be rhis high. Still combos to use of course.
I noticed you said he has unique pressure. But i cant seem to keep pressure outside of HQT so well. I feel like one blocked string is just it. And im not building any meter.
HQT builds a lot of meter. Hunter has a lot of setups with no meter, meaning getting comboed into oblivion.
HQT has the cancel which is awkward as hell, especially with b22. That string is so odd to cancel.

FinalBoss_FGC

Honestly im really not trying to get too used to the damage as it seems its just till the next patch thay damage will be rhis high. Still combos to use of course.
I noticed you said he has unique pressure. But i cant seem to keep pressure outside of HQT so well. I feel like one blocked string is just it. And im not building any meter.
HQT builds a lot of meter. Hunter has a lot of setups with no meter, meaning getting comboed into oblivion.
HQT has the cancel which is awkward as hell, especially with b22. That string is so odd to cancel.
End block strings with close low plasma. It says -14 on block but that is way way wrong

Reauxbot

End block strings with close low plasma. It says -14 on block but that is way way wrong
What can we confirm the actual frames being? Cause a lot of the frame data seems to be off.
Like b3d2 says 2 but i get slid on -_-

Nice find, you can get the same disc set up off 212, njp b22~disc. If you start with full stamina you can run up 32/b31 pcs 212 and repeat.

TeaBag

Jack Daniel's Supporter
I've been using different setups that do a little more damage and have been working well for me. Timing is a little trickier.
PC=Plasma Cancel
RC=Run Cancel

Meterless 25%-
B31(PC)212,B22BF2,RC,F212BF2

1 Bar 37%
B311(ex)BF4,J3BF2,RC,F212BF2

The 1 bar setup can of course be done from any starter into (ex)BF4

If you guys want I can upload some videos, but my cam quality sucks.