What's new

Tech - Noxious S4 gas on block

Wanted to share not sure if its known. S4 gas on block seems to be safe on block against 10f pokes and up and 11f reversals and up I only had time to try against couple chars but I will put a list togeather when I come back off drill rig in couple days unless this is already known and someone can tell me either or thought was cool even tho s4 is a high. Safe against ermacs exdb2 and ex db4 works aginst subs ex db1 im sure there is a ton I apologize I dont have a video. Again also safe against 10f pokes and higher

ImAura

Ironic Irony
Is there anyway you can test this with other strings, I'm assuming he's not as safe but I'd like to know the frames on: F4xxgas, F412xxgas, 212xxgas, 34xxgas, F21xxgas, B1D4xxgas, and B3xxgas. Thank you in advance if this is possible.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Is there anyway you can test this with other strings, I'm assuming he's not as safe but I'd like to know the frames on: F4xxgas, F412xxgas, 212xxgas, 34xxgas, F21xxgas, B1D4xxgas, and B3xxgas. Thank you in advance if this is possible.
I am not sure but f4xxxgas it might be -a day.:D

ImAura

Ironic Irony
I am not sure but f4xxxgas it might be -a day.:D
lolz I only wanna know because I use F412xxgas, bait a poke and then EX Klaw XD. B1D4xxgas works because people try to jump the forceball and I recover too fast as well as I'm plus on hit.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
One thing i didnt notice until recently about gas is for every hit your opponent gets on you they take the .20 damage instead of it passively hurting them every second or two. I was practicing as flame fist against rep and watched is health drain on every windmill punch.

Not sure why it took me so long to notice.:confused:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
A meta is a meta
Whats the meta behind S4 gas?
I've never had anybody do that against me.

But here's my theory:

S4 can only be cancelled into something that'll either be punishable or at least minus (Claw).
So whats the meta? If you do S4 gas and get punished, there is no other depth to that. It's just a reptile player doing something unsafe, or hoping the opponent doesnt punish them.

Hoping an opponent doesnt punish you isnt a legit game plan, its a gimmick, sort of like hat trick players doing -anything- -> hat trap -> d4

But here's my theory:

S4 can only be cancelled into something that'll either be punishable or at least minus (Claw).
So whats the meta? If you do S4 gas and get punished, there is no other depth to that. It's just a reptile player doing something unsafe, or hoping the opponent doesnt punish them.

Hoping an opponent doesnt punish you isnt a legit game plan, its a gimmick, sort of like hat trick players doing -anything- -> hat trap -> d4
The meta is that the opponent will respect it because it's so unsafe it's obviously a trap, and the great Kung Lao wasn't born yesterday you foolish lizard.

ImAura

Ironic Irony

But here's my theory:

Ok so if S4xxgas is -10, Stunt Doubles S4xxclone is -11 yet it still baits people to use armor not able to punish. Essentially that is the meta I'm trying to figure out, I think if applied in the correct situations this wouldn't be so bad considering our lifeline is a -5 stagger.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ok so if S4xxgas is -10, Stunt Doubles S4xxclone is -11 yet it still baits people to use armor not able to punish. Essentially that is the meta I'm trying to figure out, I think if applied in the correct situations this wouldn't be so bad considering our lifeline is a -5 stagger.
The difference is, there's at least some option for Cage after that cause he can mimic cancel into shadow kick and what not, Reptile has no other option after the stink cloud.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
The difference is, there's at least some option for Cage after that cause he can mimic cancel into shadow kick and what not, Reptile has no other option after the stink cloud.
This is true, but I also don't find this to be useless. Worse to worse at least you'll know every tool of your character.