What's new

Strategy Rushdown Sinestro

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So...I don't post here much because I suck at this game. But I did come up with something cool I think. It's a pressure strategy/mixup. Basically with full trait it locks them down in pressure and they have to guess the mixups and it ends with an unblockable. There is one spot they can jump out so be warned this is a bit gimmicky.

1b23(f3? I forget lol) they can jump out here..then f2d13, trait, ji3b13MBdf2(trait to guarantee the unblockable).

The first string is +5 which makes f2 7 frames. You can use trait if you want to negate them jumping out, but you'll have to take a chance somewhere else in the string. Anyway I'm playing around with the viability of this so let me know if you try it how it works. Also, any other rush down strategies you all have found or have we all abandoned him? Ill go back to hiding now lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So...I don't post here much because I suck at this game. But I did come up with something cool I think. It's a pressure strategy/mixup. Basically with full trait it locks them down in pressure and they have to guess the mixups and it ends with an unblockable. There is one spot they can jump out so be warned this is a bit gimmicky.

1b23(f3? I forget lol) they can jump out here..then f2d13, trait, ji3b13MBdf2(trait to guarantee the unblockable).

The first string is +5 which makes f2 7 frames. You can use trait if you want to negate them jumping out, but you'll have to take a chance somewhere else in the string. Anyway I'm playing around with the viability of this so let me know if you try it how it works. Also, any other rush down strategies you all have found or have we all abandoned him? Ill go back to hiding now lol
you cant do b13 arachnid

b13 arachnid has a 7-8 frame window where batman and any other 6 frame standing 1 can blow it up huge

every good player will mash standing 1 combos after b13 on block when sinestro doesnt have meter to do b13 fb mb

b1 arachnid is not interruptable

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
you cant do b13 arachnid

b13 arachnid has a 7-8 frame window where batman and any other 6 frame standing 1 can blow it up huge

every good player will mash standing 1 combos after b13 on block when sinestro doesnt have meter to do b13 fb mb

b1 arachnid is not interruptable
Thanks pig! Ill ditch the 3.

LEGEND

YES!
i've actually been working on Sinestro's rushdown as well, and cutting certain combos for more trait gain to help in MUs like Aquaman and Batgirl

most notable new tech i've found is you can reverse your opponent's wake up after a D3 on hit, just by dashing forward and neutral jumping, and on the way down if they try to jump out you can hit them with Jumping 1 and if they sit there blocking you can land on them with jumping 1-fear axe for + frames
-

on somewhat of a side note, every Sinestro should master hit confirming B2 to D1-shackles

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Pffft. Rushdown Sinestro is like a rushdown Freddy. It should never exist and anyone who tries is a fool.
look at all these fools who think a character with a hitbox lowering stance that avoids even cages f3 to 50% with unseeable 50% mixups and good strings can't rushdown.

i've actually been working on Sinestro's rushdown as well, and cutting certain combos for more trait gain to help in MUs like Aquaman and Batgirl

most notable new tech i've found is you can reverse your opponent's wake up after a D3 on hit, just by dashing forward and neutral jumping, and on the way down if they try to jump out you can hit them with Jumping 1 and if they sit there blocking you can land on them with jumping 1-fear axe for + frames
-

on somewhat of a side note, every Sinestro should master hit confirming B2 to D1-shackles
thats my only problem with sinestro : catching my opponent with the shackles when hes falling. any tips?

LEGEND

YES!
thats my only problem with sinestro : catching my opponent with the shackles when hes falling. any tips?
Practice is all i can say really, i used to have a problem with it and gave up on trying but after playing Cowboy i saw that it was definitely possible to do it consistently so i went back and got it down.

Practice is all i can say really, i used to have a problem with it and gave up on trying but after playing Cowboy i saw that it was definitely possible to do it consistently so i went back and got it down.
Thanks. Looks like its back to the lab for some odd hours lol

With full trait I much prefer spending it on b1 to get in, trait to gain adv, then fire off a b3 and cover it with trait. It's like rushdown basketball. On hit it launches into reset and on block you are at adv due to trait cover up. If they block then fire off a b1~arachnid and cover the gap with the third trait bar then MB the fucker and send them full screen.

Traitless convert all resets to 3~trait for charges and trait combos to b213 for dmg. Save the final bar of your trait for the unstoppable b1~arachnid trait cover MB to get back to full screen.