What's new

Road to Evo & VXG: East Coast braces itself for, "Winter Brawl 7" - Featured Player Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We're days away and again, players are gathering in full force to compete for the title in Mortal Kombat 9 at Winter Brawl 7. Players are flying in from their coast or their state while other players will be defending their territory. As this weekend of February 23-24 marks the seventh year of BigE's Winter Brawl 7, it will be a reminder and a showcase of how strong the East Coast has gotten as well as the growing numbers of the Mortal Kombat community. Below we have important information regarding the event for both the spectator and the competitor. In addition, we have some featured players previews so you can gauge the hype entering this weekend!

tyrant.jpg
EGP Tyrant - Of the EMPEROR KLAN, Tyrant is coming in hard from his SoCal Regionals victory in Mortal Kombat 9 on the West Coast... Tyrant has raised the bar for his Jax. EGP Tyrant's Jax is known for the pressure output he displays making up and close fights all in his favor. He trains with the West Coast's best. He's been on many "LIVE" stages where he's put the true potential for his Jax on display and he plans to do it "East Coast" style come this weekend. Your coast ready?

sawnik1.jpg
SawnikFaux - One of the youngest competitors to put up a fight... and we mean "put up a fight" as he has several majors under his belt. His main character is Mileena and he makes her annoying as hell. He's known to do incredibly risky strategies that work in his favor and get the crowd roaring. Many were skeptical of his true skill since MLG's event would land on the same weekend as a NE major, but at NECXIII he proved his skills making top 8. He's got no fear and other top players do not concern him.

reo1.jpg
REO - The last three majors that he attended, he won. The understanding is that he will be returning to compete this weekend at Winter Brawl 7. He's the one that everyone wants to beat and at the same time, REO has one of the fiercest comeback factors of almost any player as he's proven before. When REO is playing at his true poential... that is when his opponent must break their own personal barriers and reach new heights of high-level play.

cdjrpic.jpg
CD Jr - He brings the hype and everything that follows... if there is one man that can stand toe-to-toe vs REO it's CD Jr. Although his concentration on Mortal Kombat 9 seems bleak lately, CD Jr has an arsenal of characters he knows inside and out. He is more than likely to play Kung Lao this weekend and if history has made anything clear it's that CD Jr can adapt extremely fast and overcome.

grosspic.jpg
DR Gross - A man with a Hollywood history, first by taking out Perfect Legend at St Maarten's the Video X Games followed up by impressive performances at MLG Dallas, CEO Winterfest and now Winter Brawl 7? Yes, as confirmed his his clan, "THE EMPEROR KLAN" DR Gross will be attending Winter Brawl 7 this weekend. He is known for a 'no holds barred' fighting style using all of the game's flaws to his advantage. He plays Sektor and Smoke... and he's not afraid to reset you.

maxx.jpg
Maxter - Of the Dominican brothers, Maxter's Cyrax formula is all his own. That's not all he has either so don't jump the gun. Like his brothers, CRAZY DOMINICAN and CD Jr, Maxter has an incredible adaption rate and plays several characters of the cast. He has been on the grand finals stage multiple times and with Winter Brawl 7 being in a new year, Maxter is ready to take it all of the way.

curbo.jpg
CURBOLCIOUS - 'The Return of the Online Player!', CURBOLCIOUS is famous for two things... playing online and taking names at the tournaments he attends. He is a Johnny Cage player with a Johnny Cage mentality... you think you got him beat and it was all part of his plan as he smiles right back at you. CURBO's biggest advantage before was players underestimating him... and even if players have adjusted to him by now he'll always have F3.

*Some player info taken based off of this list.
*Some player images taken from NFGRankings.com
Important Notes:

Those that do not pre-register:
1. MK9 registrations begin Saturday at 10am and will END at 11am.
2. MK9 tournament starts at 1pm. via www.twitch.tv/KombatNetwork
3. MK9 Pools will be posted between before the tournament starts with approximate times for each pool.
4. MK9 will run down to TOP 8 on Saturday.
5. MK9 TOP 8 will be held PROMPTLY at 10am on Sunday Morning on Spooky's stream. Do not complain if you are DQ'd because you didn't go to sleep till 7am and missed your Top 8 match.
Concerning Top 8 (subject to change)
MK9 Top 8 will run at 10am SHARP on Spooky's stream on Sunday morning.
-----------------------------------------------------
We would also like to note that during this same weekend, there is MK9 being played at a Bolivia event in South America, which is also a Road to Evo event*
Who's gonna make Top 8 in Mortal Kombat 9 at Winter Brawl 7? Give us your predictions!

Attachments

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I fell asleep reading this post and woke up to fall asleep again watching ps4's conference....

BS3OOO

Noob
Yo this tournament is going to be stacked. As hated as he is/was, I'm looking forward to Kevo's return. I hope he's going all Kabal because I was let down when he chose to use Kung Lao at that MLG event against CD Jr. It'll be nice to see Tyrant followup after his epic SCR performace. Sonicfox has proven to be a force and I look forward to seeing him. Khaotik just came off a nice performace. Reo is Reo....it's going to be great!

STORMS it's also a vxg qualifier, i dont know if you want to indicate that or not, but it certainly shows how much weight this tournament carries that it's both a VXG qualifier and has EVO points

EGP_TYRANT, go get em bruh, West Coast baby!! ayeee, also someone needs to stop dat man REO, he's been on a tear for these past months, and only lost in the toryuken tournament where cdjr won, but still managed to get top 3. I feel some upsets stirring up, and i feel will sorry for the person who has to wear those shirts made by 9.95 Phil haha

Status
Not open for further replies.