What's new

River City Runbacks! Richmond, VA. 9/10/11. 10$ Singles & 2v2 Tag. All DLC fighters legal!

RenegadeVA

Mortal
Hey everyone, Civil War was great, but it's results were rather... *inconclusive* shall we say, so we're running that shit back right!
With more space, more events, and more casuals!!!

RVAtournaments.com

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116335131797825

When:
9/10/11 1pm start time. It is going to be a race weekend in Richmond, be wary.
Where: Comfort Inn Midtown.
3200 W Broad St
Richmond VA
Venue Fee: 10$ Online pre-register until midnight 9/8/2011 EST.
15$ at the door. Register early! No exuses!
Registration page will be on RVAtournaments.com by the end of the week.
EVENTS!
Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

system: Xbox360 on HD lagless CRT computer monitors
fee: 10$ singles 5$ 3v3 teams (waseda style)

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

system: Xbox360 on HD lagless CRT computer monitors

fee: 10$ singles 5$ 5v5 teams (waseda style)

Mortal Kombat 9
(all dlc characters allowed)

system: Playstation 3 on CRT tube tvs
fee: 10$ singles 5$ 2v2 tag teams

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition!!

system:Xbox360 on HD lagless CRT computer monitors
Fee: 10$ singles 5$ 3v3 teams (waseda style)

Tekken 6
system: Playstation 3 on CRT tube TVs
Fee 10$ singles

Blazblue CS2
system Xbox360 on HD lagless CRT computer monitors
Fee: 5$ Singles

Arcana Heart 3
Playstation 3 on CRT tube TVs
Fee: 5$ singles

If a certain ST supergun shows up, we will have an ST tourney as well.

BYOC AREA! Feel free to bring whatever setup with whatever game you want. Practice your main games or bring some esoteric game that no one plays but you to make yourself feel better! There will be table space and room. Just don't ignore your tournament games!

THE SETUPS: The majority of this tournament (where feasible) is 360 exclusive. 360's are hooked up to old school Dell Computer monitors via VGA cables for high res, lag free gaming. There will be some letterboxing due to the 1320x 768 resolutoin, but it's not noticable after awhile (mvc3 automatically does this on 4:3 screens)

Arcana, MK, and tekken are on PS3 for obvious reasons.

I'm tired of the uncertainty of random LCD panels. No more. These will be the best setups you've ever played on.

Defintion of "waseda style" team tournaments. A vs A, B vs B, C vs C. Then any remaining players play in alpha order. A, B, and C positions are locked to prevent countering.
Not only does this format ensure that everyone plays, it's also faster to run because the 3 initial games can be run simultaneously on 3 setups.

Refunds: Generally, if you paid for a game and are placed in the bracket, none. Tournaments take a long time. Be prepared for this. I've taken many measures to ensure the majority of every tournament this time around is completed within a timely manner. Online preregistrations, increased # of setups, greater space, more staff, and a fun atmosphere should make it so no one will even request for one.
Pools/Seeding/Lateness- I will be assigning pools based on pre registrations. If you are late or do not pre reg, don't expect to be seeded away from your buddies or away from the other killers in the bracket.

Team tournaments will take place before singles, to ensure they actually get ran. :-D

RenegadeVA

Mortal
Gonna give this a bump.

Two tourneys. One day.

10$ 1v1 tourney, all DLC allowed.

5$ per head tag team 2v2 tourney (4 players per match), all DLC allowed.

RenegadeVA

Mortal
Yes. justin.tv/rvatournaments

ALthough, the stream setup will be optimized for Xbox (VGA is much much easier to work with), but I'll see what I can do.

RenegadeVA

Mortal
As far as I know, no reliable 360->PS3 converters exist. It's only the other way around. Our awesome stick modder Gummo will be at the tournament and he can dual mod your stick for you, no problem. I think his normal rate is 80$. But I think it's pretty worth it since 90% of MK9 tourneys will be on PS3.

As for freddy, I believe we talked about this on the FB wall, and if the tourney wants to ban him as a vote, then I'll ban him. I didn't know how glitchy he was.