What's new

RIP Jeff Hanneman (Slayer guitarist)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Didn't see a thread about this but I think it deserves one.

THE guitarist of the band Slayer died Thursday from complications of liver failure at the age if 49.

I grew up listening to these motherfuckers and it pains me to see that we lost one a 1/4 if the most influential thrash bands ever.

They were just as big as Metallica and never even for the radio or TV time that Metallica got. Hanneman wrote/co-wrote 99% of their classics from the first five albums.

This is a shitty day to be a Slayer and thrash fan.

South of Heaven \m/

RIP

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367598818.073567.jpg

Tim Static

Adminerator
Indeed, RIP Jeff. This totally fucking sucks.

And not to take the thoughts away from his passing, with the band & Dave separating, Slayer is now at 50%. That sucks too. Maybe they'll get over their stupid beef now and try to go on being 3/4. :(

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Indeed, RIP Jeff. This totally fucking sucks.

And not to take the thoughts away from his passing, with the band & Dave separating, Slayer is now at 50%. That sucks too. Maybe they'll get over their stupid beef now and try to go on being 3/4. :(
Yeah, i am honestly afraid that this is the end of Slayer. It sucks getting older, seeing musicians you looked up to passing on (Dio, Dimebag, and now Jeff) RIP Jeff, Metal lost another pioneer yesterday.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
A part of me is hoping that they call it quits to be honest. I think every album they have put out has been very good, even their newer stuff.

Looking back at GHUA there are some really good tracks on it. At the time it was mediocre but it really grew on me and their newest one is growing on me.

Not many thrash bands *cough*Metallica*cough* can say that they have had consistently put out at least good-amazing albums every time.

I can't see anyone replacing Jeff. Him and Kerry were like two bloody peas in a pod.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Huge bummer. Seasons in the Abyss (and RiB to a lesser extent) was an essential part of my high school life.

I only got to see them once, when they toured with Alice in Chains and Anthrax.

Error

DF2+R2
He died the day after my birthday, which I was wearing a Slayer shirt for :( I was even discussing with a friend how he was a better guitarist than Kerry. He was what kept Slayer from downright sucking since he seemed to keep Kerry's bad leads in check and wrote some of their better songs. It pisses me off that I'll never be able to see them live with their full line-up now.

R.I.P. Jeff