What's new

Rico Suave Wins Injustice at Next Level Battle Circuit #25

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For the record 5th week in a row, Rico Suave and his Black Adam cleared the field at New York's Next Level Battle Circuit to take the win. Wednesday night was the last NLBC before CEO this weekend -- and it showed -- as there were a lot of great matches this week that were particularly intense. This week Spooky and the NLBC crew fought through a litany of technical issues to stream the tournament, including: venue internet issues, 4g issues, Xbox sound issues, and DLC issues. But to everyone's credit, the players remained patient, and it ended up being a memorable night.

This week, KDZ, winner of several 8 on the Break tournaments, as well as GUTS II and New Challengers, made his way to NLBC with his Superman. In addition, VSM Jailhouse brought his Cyborg out of the lab, and displayed some really sharp-looking and varied zoning that posed issues for a number of competitors. Although KDZ wasn't able to figure out an answer to Jailhouse's hailstorm of projectiles in Winners, he eventually fought his way through to Losers semis in the bottom of the bracket. Rico Suave took an early loss in the first match against Jailhouse as well, but he kept his composure and played a really fantastic set to win 3-1 that was definitely one of the highlights of the night.

In Losers semis, the surging KDZ met Chris G, who was in top form Wednesday and looking better than ever. Chris' Black Adam met KDZ's Superman at every turn, and ended up overwhelming him with pressure and good reads to take a convincing set. This set up a Losers Finals match between Chris G and Jailhouse, and Chris displayed some of his zoning prowess, using GA's fire arrows to go toe-to-toe with Cyborg's nova blaster and harass him for two straight games. With Jailhouse unable to pick Batgirl due to the Xbox/DLC issues, he stuck it out with Cyborg, and Chris took the set 3-0.

Winners finals was a repeat of last week, with Chris G using his Green Arrow against Rico's trusty Black Adam. This week however, Chris looked more comfortable against Rico and played a series of great, really close matches to reset the bracket 3-2. This was one of the most exciting sets of the night, and is a great watch for anyone who wants to check it out. In the second set, Rico looked strong, and with Chris G refusing (in typical fashion) to use any meter whatsoever in clashes in order to hold on to his Super attack, Rico was able to close Chris out and eventually took his 5th victory at NLBC.

There are a number of stories going into CEO this weekend, and a lot of unanwered questions; how will Rico do against some of the best in the country at this current point? Will KDZ (who has beaten Rico, CD Jr, and Chris G. in tournament) be able to overcome the depth of the field to make his mark? The East is looking strong, but a few great players from the West Coast, as well as a lot of competitors from the South and Midwest will be on hand to shake things up. CEO will no doubt put an exciting, salty, and unforgettable cap on a great week of Injustice action.

Top 4:
1) Rico Suave (Black Adam)
2) Chris G (Green Arrow, Black Adam)
3) VSM Jailhouse (Cyborg)
4) EMP KDZ (Superman)

Stream Archives:
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/422360409
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/422375671

Bracket:
http://nextlevel.challonge.com/NLBC25INJ

Attachments

NY_Jailhouse

Warrior
The thing with the dlc was a pretty big drag because I was going to try batgirl on Chris g even though my batgirl is not fully there yet on hitbox.
basically next level hasn't bought any of the characters so we were using someone's xbl account to get them. But we were using that account on 2 xboxes and the internet issues caused logging in problems. And then during loser finals the guy who's xbl account logged in to his own.xbox at home just to be a douche lol, causing the characters to disappear. So ghetto

The thing with the dlc was a pretty big drag because I was going to try batgirl on Chris g even though my batgirl is not fully there yet on hitbox.
basically next level hasn't bought any of the characters so we were using someone's xbl account to get them. But we were using that account on 2 xboxes and the internet issues caused logging in problems. And then during loser finals the guy who's xbl account logged in to his own.xbox at home just to be a douche lol, causing the characters to disappear. So ghetto
Man that really sucks. I know what that's like nlot being able to use the DLC lol.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
NY_Jailhouse when you held your hitbox up, it was too close to the camera, so it was too blurry to make out. If you have a pic you should post it, since it looked dope from far away.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Man that really sucks. I know what that's like nlot being able to use the DLC lol.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
My first road trip to mexico city, 12 hour bus ride, was spoiled when they forgot to tell me that they didn`t have Kenshi. So I played Quan and got bodied.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
WTF, I would be so salty if I couldn't pick my character. TO's should have all their damn systems updated...Doesn't matter how small the tournament is.

NY_Jailhouse

Warrior
Henry doesn't want to pay for the dlc characters on every single setup. :(
Nerdjosh qnd arturo might be hooking next level up with some season passes though so hopefully the issue is sorted out

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Yeah here is my hitbox

The ghost of hitbox¦REO shall propel me to victory
Haha. That's sick -- I like it.

And yeah, I remember this DLC stuff (and the patch/hotfix version as well) being an issue for the last couple weeks. I hope they sort it out, because it looks bad for guys to pause the tournament because they can't figure out why Catwoman's f1 isn't hitting overhead or they can't find the character they want to play.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
And yeah, I remember this DLC stuff (and the patch/hotfix version as well) being an issue for the last couple weeks. I hope they sort it out, because it looks bad for guys to pause the tournament because they can't figure out why Catwoman's f1 isn't hitting overhead or they can't find the character they want to play.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Your batgirl would have done better imo. I didn't know you played on hitbox btw.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You've leveled up your Cyborg since our last encounters. Sure online lag didn't help and can be dismised in our bouts, but it would seem online came back in some way to screw things up again. Someone there tried to sabotage you guys, I just know it. I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm pointing my vocal cords to the tune of 'it was KDZ'.

NY_Jailhouse

Warrior
You've leveled up your Cyborg since our last encounters. Sure online lag didn't help and can be dismised in our bouts, but it would seem online came back in some way to screw things up again. Someone there tried to sabotage you guys, I just know it. I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm pointing my vocal cords to the tune of 'it was KDZ'.
I don't think anyone ever knows what you're talking about but im not positive