What's new

Reversing wake ups in the Corner as WoWo

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've been fiddling around with wonder woman in training mode and like so many other characters, WoWo can reverse wake ups in the corner.

In lasso after a df3, jump and air dash forward.

In sword after b23, amethela bash (requires timing)

Not exactly ground breaking tech but nice anyways.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
"WoWo" That's the first time I seen someone say that instead of "WW"

Not sure if I like that new abbreviation or not.
Stay positive! :)

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Her d3 also blows up some wake ups, for example anything Catwoman does on wakeup d3 will beat. Takes a while to get the timing of it down though. Works full screen too, just dash up to her after a knockdown then wait for the start up animation to come out then d3.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I've been fiddling around with wonder woman in training mode and like so many other characters, WoWo can reverse wake ups in the corner.

In lasso after a df3, jump and air dash forward.

In sword after b23, amethela bash (requires timing)

Not exactly ground breaking tech but nice anyways.
What do people mean reverse wakeups? Cant everyone just do that by just jumpin over their head in the corner, including WonWom?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What do people mean reverse wakeups? Cant everyone just do that by just jumpin over their head in the corner, including WonWom?
The wake up comes out, but it goes into the corner. It doesn't reverse their inputs, it actually reverses the direction of their wakeup.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
The wake up comes out, but it goes into the corner. It doesn't reverse their inputs, it actually reverses the direction of their wakeup.
I literally must be too tired to think, because I both don't understand how that happens and cant remember ever seeing this happen.

Most characters can do this, people other than WondWoma?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I literally must be too tired to think, because I both don't understand how that happens and cant remember ever seeing this happen.

Most characters can do this, people other than WondWoma?
Here's Doomsday reversing wakeups in the corner with his dash (as an example)

EDIT:

Yeah, lots of characters have something similar. I know the following can do it using some special or dash;

Batgirl
Doomsday
WoWo
Harley Quin
Zod
Solomon Grundy
Flash
Lobo

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Here's Doomsday reversing wakeups in the corner with his dash (as an example)

wow that is messed up! i've never seen this, I dont understand your original post though. So how do you, when you are playing as WoWo, get this to happen against someone like GL, you dash at them, or jump air dash... but only after ur amazonian uppercut?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
wow that is messed up! i've never seen this, I dont understand your original post though. So how do you, when you are playing as WoWo, get this to happen against someone like GL, you dash at them, or jump air dash... but only after ur amazonian uppercut?
I'll make a vid but it's gonna be crappy phone quality.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No worries, I cant wait to see it, cuz what i just saw with that doomsday vid kinda just blew my mind.

And I am not easily blown.
Took me long enough lol

Anyways, testing it out more, the jump air dash one doesn't work as well as I would have liked it to. Only causes certain wakeups to whiff.

The other one however (using amethela bash) reverses all wakeups bar supers.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Took me long enough lol

Anyways, testing it out more, the jump air dash one doesn't work as well as I would have liked it to. Only causes certain wakeups to whiff.

The other one however (using amethela bash) reverses all wakeups bar supers.
Hah thats awesome. So does this whole weird wakeup thing happen only after hard knockdowns, or just with all attacks, will it work after a lasso spin?

thanks for the vid :D