What's new

Question Reset Kombos and patches

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Reset kombos. I hate them. Personally I think reset kombos have ruined Mortal Kombat, but that's just me.
They are abused, especially Online.
Examples would be JC nut punch and Cyrax's net amongst others. But it seems that they are here to stay, for this 2.5D era of MK anyway.

Patches. Maybe it's me, but I'm from an era of gameplay where, you wait for the game to come out.... and when it does, that's the finished product. No crying at the people whom made the game to fix this, fix that, just because you don't like the way it is. You were Grateful that there was another MK game in the first place.

Perhaps the two can be merged. High tier/Low Tier changes as patches come out and the game progresses. You could argue that your character was nerfed in a patch and that by doing reset kombos, puts you at a higher kombo damage output. Ideally, my idea is that reset kombos could be Damage Scaled via patches. Certain moves are already DS but what if the CPU could register, say that JC nut punches mid kombo and then instead of going to the new reset high damage kombo, anything after nut punch is scaled.

IDK just my 2 cents.

coolwhip

Noob
Wait, you do know that after Cage hits the nutpunch, the combo is over right? He can't reset you. It just gives him huge frame advantage for more pressure. It isn't a "reset combo" at all.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
My point is that Reset Kombos should be Damage Scaled.
Guaranteed resets, yes, there is no reason why they shouldn't. I'm pretty sure they weren't designed to be what they are. But let's be realistic, we won't see all scaling done properly before MK10, and I'm being generous there since there will be oversights, glitches and probably not every one of those will be patched, as per MK9 experience...