What's new

Requesting Consumer Advice for the Fall/Winter

Past

Noob
Hello I'm looking for some consumer advice from people who play other games than MK. I am also looking to trade MK9 for a new game.
So my question is....

Which of the following would be the best purchase for me?
KOF 13
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Uncharted 3

I don't mind any of these games, but if the game has multiplayer, I don't want a crappy online play. I also don't mind putting a little effort, as long as it gets me somewhere. Most of all, I'm looking for gameplay that is deep and engaging. I'm just really stuck at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Any of those 4 games are very good, including Batman: Arkham City.

Online is bad no matter what imo, mainly because its online play. Heard KoF is meh, DS & ES5 dont have online as far as i know and if U3 is like its predecessors then its golden.

Dont forget about Batman!!

Past

Noob
If you need something to occupy the most time, Skyrim.
I only need something to occupy me until Soul Calibur 5 which is in 2 months. Is Skyrim a game that is easy to get into?

Any of those 4 games are very good, including Batman: Arkham City.

Online is bad no matter what imo, mainly because its online play. Heard KoF is meh, DS & ES5 dont have online as far as i know and if U3 is like its predecessors then its golden.

Dont forget about Batman!!
I wanted Batman, but I ruined the story for myself by youtubing all of the cut scenes.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'd go with Skyrim or Dark Souls, both should take you about 2+ months to complete. Dark Souls also has online pvp, if you'd like to fight other players.

Past

Noob
I'd go with Skyrim or Dark Souls, both should take you about 2+ months to complete. Dark Souls also has online pvp, if you'd like to fight other players.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Is the dark souls pvp combat fun, or is it just a gimmick?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

From what I've heard, it's fun. Been meaning to pick it up myself but I'm broke; haven't heard anything but positives about the game though so I'd go with that. Dark Souls has probably done down a bit in price too.

Honestly I don't know how much you'll get for MK though, I think they give you less due to the online pass. :jerkoff:

galindo

Noob

very gimmicky at this point.

and it will take you atleast 10 hours until you get to a pvp zone.

im over 20 hours and havent gotten to one of the main pvp zones. but im taking my sweet ass time.

also invasions are much much less active in the early stages compared to dark souls, because it takes quite a bit a while to be able to invade easily.

and there are some very gimmicky stuff like the fog ring, which makes you un-lockable

galindo

Noob
dark souls is awesome, but its also another game with shitty ass online support. 2012, and they still cant get online games right man.

still one of my favorites though.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Thanks guys,

I picked up Skyrim and I'm having a blast.
If you get the chance, you should pick up Dark Souls, the online PVP is far better than people make it out to be, although some are right that you experience better pvp later in the game, you often wont want to be getting pestered by people invading your game and beating you up just as your about to fight a boss, so it kind of draws you in little by little, for example there are AI controlled "players" that will invade you to simulate pvp.

You could also try another route (which i have done and is incredibly fun) by making a low level character and running through all the hard bosses and dungeons (with difficulty) you can gear yourself out in heavy gear and invade low level people to own them, or to help them kill things they may be struggling on. Its a very good system despite its minor hiccups!