What's new

Reptiles sweep.. errr.. reptilian hop.

this thing is one of the funniest looking moves in the game! but.. lets look at it closer

is it punishable on block? looks like it is, if nightwolfs is, this one has to be. reptiles hitbox is lowered immensely so most highs will probably whiff if they try to punish you.

It can be combo'd off of 32 (32b4) enabling a mix up from 32~acidhand

it can hop over and hit slides (sub zero, cyber sub) 95% of the time. (on wake up or otherwise) even on reaction from about 1/3 screen or more away

^this will be useful post patch when you can hop over an exarmorslide on wake up from sub and hit him for a quick 7% while you take no damage

i never see reptiles use his sweep that often and i am not saying 'oh this is so cool omg new tech' im just pointing out a few things so it can be experimented with more.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
this thing is one of the funniest looking moves in the game! but.. lets look at it closer

is it punishable on block? looks like it is, if nightwolfs is, this one has to be. reptiles hitbox is lowered immensely so most highs will probably whiff if they try to punish you.

It can be combo'd off of 32 (32b4) enabling a mix up from 32~acidhand

it can hop over and hit slides (sub zero, cyber sub) 95% of the time. (on wake up or otherwise) even on reaction from about 1/3 screen or more away

^this will be useful post patch when you can hop over an exarmorslide on wake up from sub and hit him for a quick 7% while you take no damage

i never see reptiles use his sweep that often and i am not saying 'oh this is so cool omg new tech' im just pointing out a few things so it can be experimented with more.
It does lower Reptile's hit box even to the point that he can go under a Reptile forceball or a Sub-Zero freeze avoiding chip damage. Reptile is the only character in the game who can do this. At the beginning frames you can be hit with a uppercut. Reptile's sweep also has one of the greatest range for a sweep in the game.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I didn't know about the slide thing, that's really interesting.

To stuff wake-ups, I still prefer D4, acid hand or slide (if i'm feeling ballsy). When I've conditioned the low block I start overheads/grab abuse.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I didn't know about the slide thing, that's really interesting.

To stuff wake-ups, I still prefer D4, acid hand or slide (if i'm feeling ballsy). When I've conditioned the low block I start overheads/grab abuse.
The timing is kind of tricky, but you can do it. Don't get too perdictable. A good Sub-Zero player will bait you out from full screen. He will throw his freeze ball, Reptile does his sweep, and then Sub-Zero can slide and hit you before you can recover. Regarless, Reptile's sweep has an extreamly low hit box and using it to avoiding projectiles can be done. Like I said the biggest benifit to this is that you don't recieve chip damage and your opponent does not build meter.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I've been caught out by it a few times. It seems pretty good imo don't know why people don't use it more reptile has better wakeup pressure than most chars anyway, but I also don't play reptile so I wouldn't know I'm guessin people prefer d4 acid hand.

How fast does he go into the TC bit? Can he avoid deep jip's with it whilst hitting them?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I've been caught out by it a few times. It seems pretty good imo don't know why people don't use it more reptile has better wakeup pressure than most chars anyway, but I also don't play reptile so I wouldn't know I'm guessin people prefer d4 acid hand.

How fast does he go into the TC bit? Can he avoid deep jip's with it whilst hitting them?
I am not quite sure what you mean. You can avoid any air attack with an elbow dash because it will wiff.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Messing with this the other night. It can also be cancelled into dash the same way the forward grab can be cancelled into to mess with wakeup pressure. So 32B4 actually has a use now as you can end the 122 starter with this.