What's new

Tech Reptile's Gimmick Handbook

Okay, before we get started on this, I just wanna say that I came up with all of this myself back in 2009 so suck it, fuck you :)
Okay, anyways here we go:
Reptile always seems to perform best whenever there is a safety blanket knows as an ex slowball behind him. And here are some things you can do if you wanna get a little gimmicky/unsafe (But who cares, cause forceball blanket)
PRESSURE OPTIONS:
Okay, here is where he gets super silly, and here are some of the things you can do that will make the opponent like "wtf wat is this retard doing"

321~slide (lol) - this just makes me lol
122~slide - kinda a good overhead/low mixup, use sparingly
12~ex Dash - this one is good and cool, because ex dash is expected after 321 or 32 or whatever, good way to throw opponent off.
124 Acid Hand - its safe, generally not a very common string, AH makes it safer, even though the string itself is 0 on block.
321, elbow dash - This is similar to lao doing 1121(pause) spin, but 321(pause) elbow dash, works sometimes.
1, 2 3+4 - NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE REST OF 2 3+4 LIKE EVER, TRY IT
124, elbow dash - Same thing as 321, elbow dash, people sometimes try to poke whenever your at neutral, so dash wins cause dash.
1, grab - don't feel like being risky? Get that awesome 12% going!
3, grab - see above
1, 2~ffb - again, people see 2 as being accidentally pushed or something, and ffb catches them a lot of the time.
d3,d4 Acid Hand - POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKES
f2~invis - it looks cool. That's about it lol
3, 2~invis - see above, looks cool lol, some chip done i guess.

SOME COMBO ENDERS:
321 starters:
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, 23+4, elbow dash, grab - works a lot
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, 2f31+2 = follow up with anything if blocked really.
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, sfb, 321 slide - use this if you want that extra damage and maybe take a round or something.
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, sfb, 32~elbow dash, crossover JIP - works like..once in a blue moon nowadays.
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, sfb, NJP splat. You can follow this up with an EX slow ball and dash in to get that gimmicky ass pressure going, or you can do a double dash and get in that ass while building meter.
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, sfb, 321~invis. Turns you invisible and keeps them full screen.
321~elbow dash, NJP, 32~ffb, sfb, 321 ex slow ball. Works well if you want to maybe negate some wake up attacks, or get in that ass yet again. or even get that zoning going.

122 starters:
Don't feel like typing all that shit again, but the same applies with all the 321 starter combos, but you get the idea.

General Reptile stuff:
1. Okay, so whenever you are doing your combo, and you notice that you're approaching the wall, please, use 321 into your ball, it will get you more damage, and it looks so much stylin'er.
2. If you use a backthrow against an opponent with an advancing wake-up attack(Kabal, Nightwolf, etc), a lot of times F3 will stuff them out with proper timing.
3. F2 is awesome. Same with standing 2. Both link into ffb, but can't really hitconfirm it, so either go safe with acid hand, or just pull the fucking trigger once in a while.
4. Reptile has a sexy, AND I MEAN SEXY D4! It apparently can take priority of Lao's divukiku for a juicy AA combo. Also, if timed right, can make Cage's EX and regular shadow kick whiff, and you get that full combo punish.
5. Sometimes, just YOLO and elbow dash. It fucking works.
6.Stop bitching about how difficult the NJP is in the 321 combo. LEVEL UP BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.
7. Stop using 122 combo as a punish for anything. 2 ffb does way more damage. And 321 combo does EVEN MORE.
Other stuff:
Reptile has some shit normals, so counterpoking is a big deal, especially since his d3 gives him quite an advantage.
Feedback is appreciated, as long as you aren't all like "this shit wont work at high level, xyz get's blown up all the time." These are just some gimmicks, never have they been deemed viable, but just try some of the oddball shit once in a while.
Oh and maybe one day i'll record some of this stuff or something, idk.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
not really a gimmick but just common sense, if your within range, u should always try to wiff punish with f2 intstead of a dash, since f2 combos.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Online Derptile Gimmick #1 - Enter a match, make sure it lags, dash, get blocked, your opponent is going for a guaranteed punish, dash again, if hits - PROFIT, if doesn't, dash until it hits.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Killin Natzees 3 grab is my shit. Also, When doing 124 I would change the wording on that a bit when talking about cancelling it into Acid Hand. Since AH is -4, you aren't really making the string safer seeing how 124 is neutral, but more like just adding a safe overhead option to add at the very least a little more chip. Other than that great write up, I am going to have another coming soon.

Edit: Also, for the most part I'm pretty sure the 122 combo does more damage than standing 2.

Killin Natzees 3 grab is my shit. Also, When doing 124 I would change the wording on that a bit when talking about cancelling it into Acid Hand. Since AH is -4, you aren't really making the string safer seeing how 124 is neutral, but more like just adding a safe overhead option to add at the very least a little more chip. Other than that great write up, I am going to have another coming soon.

Edit: Also, for the most part I'm pretty sure the 122 combo does more damage than standing 2.
Nah man 2 fball combos do like 1% more.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Can I toss my "CharlieMurphy Special" in the ring?

321~AH (on block) exFastForceBall (charged slightly to catch a jump in) dash

hows that? Am I playing this game right?

Lol i say safer because acid hand will either push you back a lot farther than 124 or they won't expect a follow up special because its such a rare string and get hit by it.
I've seen THTB mention on the forums how 124 also gives perfect distance for a dash in.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lol i say safer because acid hand will either push you back a lot farther than 124 or they won't expect a follow up special because its such a rare string and get hit by it.
I've seen THTB mention on the forums how 124 also gives perfect distance for a dash in.
Oh don't get me wrong, I knew what you meant. I'm just saying to clarify with people who may not know as much. Ah fuck it, bitches don't know they know where the frame data thread is located. :p

Seapeople

This one's for you
A lot of these aren't gimmicks but I still like it. Oh and d3~ex forceball, 4~acid hand, and corner splat set ups :cool: