What's new

Reptile's elbow dash canceling out kabal's spin

i was play umk3 against someone online
and my opponent did the kabal spin and while it was coming at me i executed a reptile dash to only see the kabal spin get canceled out and then get hit with the elbow dash itself

i looked for something like this in the strategy guide but didn't find it so

i was just wondering if u can always cancel kabal's spin dash with a reptile elbow dash?

thanks

sry if this has already been mentioned

The elbow dash cancels out anything the player is doing and puts them in an unaware standing position. It's frustrating. I've played as sub-zero and heard the sound for freeze but still went into that lame state and got hit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It all depends on the start up animation of things, and collision. Once Reptile does the elbow dash, any movement on the ground for P2 stops, you can of course block. As he crosses you turn around, can block again, or depending on the character, several moves can hit Reptile before the elbow hits you.

Specifically with Sub's freeze, there are several frames of start up before it leaves his hands as a projectile. I often times get people with Forceballs while they are starting up and the freeze is about 1 frame away from being a proj, and they get mad.

As for the elbow dash return, it's possible to freeze Reptile on the way back in if you are paying attention, several other moves as well, like Robot Smoke's harpoon. The teleport punch can avoid it, but it has to be done immediately, otherwise, it knocks you completely off the screen and the camera has to reposition.