What's new

Reptile's dash causing damage...?

I just killed someone on Xbox Live with the elbow dash... not the elbow at the end of the dash, but the actual dash. I've never seen anything like it, but apparently the dash itself does some miniscule amount of damage.

I don't know, I just figured it was sort of interesting. Maybe I'll try to figure out a way to record it and post it.

I remember Shock saying something to me about this. The dash actually does something like 1 pixel of damage. Nothing much to make a difference. That was just a coincidence that it killed them.

Anytime a combo is damage protected, all specials that don't normally do damage (freeze, net, scream, etc) do 1/2 percent damage. So anytime you start a reptile juggle with forceballs or a popup, every dash willl do 1/2 percent.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah for some reason Damage Protection makes no damage moves do 1 pixel of damage. Moves like:

Kabal's Spin
Reptile's Elbow (When passing a grounded opponent)
Sindel's Scream
All Freezes
Ermac's TKS
Cyrax's Net
The contact grab for Sonya's Leg Grab
The picking up part of Stryker's Baton Throw

Etc.

Shock, Doesn't the TKS already do damage? Or do you mean the actual Lifting up part? The physical slam does damage but in that example did you mean when he first lifts him up?

And lol at the GIF. That's kinda what I was talking about. That's pretty hilarious.

These Pixels don't count as damage when counting for a Flawless? I've been frozen before and came back and won or I've been spun or netted and If I came back and got a flawless, it counted as a flawless. Is it just such a small amount of damage that the game just disregards it?

abc ur dead0 said:
These Pixels don't count as damage when counting for a Flawless? I've been frozen before and came back and won or I've been spun or netted and If I came back and got a flawless, it counted as a flawless. Is it just such a small amount of damage that the game just disregards it?
Well, they're saying you'd have to be combo'd first for those moves to do damage. So just getting frozen wouldn't cause any damage.

It makes sense, cus when I did it with Reptile, I started with HP, HP, JK (which put him in danger) and I immediately went into the dash, and as I ran past it killed him and said, "Finish Him" and Reptile charged back with the elbow, which ended the fatality opportunity.

It's pretty interesting stuff. I'd like to see a Kabal "Death by spin"...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That meant you had done 165 pixels of damage, and then that last pixel the elbow run did while in a damage protected combo put it at 166. Normally, it doesn't do any damage.