What's new

Reptile's air2air and anti-air game

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
'Sup guys, new here. I've noticed in the guide there's not much about Reppy's anti-air and nothing in the Reppy forums either.I can't even steal tech from good Reptile players like ChrisG or Arturo Sanchez.

All that's been working for me so far as for air2air is a JP then follow up with a slide or a slowball to get in.But that's not really air2air now is it?

And as for anti-air I have seriously NOTHING besides charging up the slowball which is risky considering it uses meter.

You can tell me complicated stuff because I'm not new with Reptile at all.He's my main and I got pretty much everything done with him besides non-grounded kombat.

When someone jumps at you, use your special dash move (BF2) and you just run out from under them so they can't hit you. They land, missing a normal attack and are left at disadvantage while you dash away while building meter and you are allowed to attack them before they can (something like a force ball).

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Honestly, if I anticipate the jump, I either NJP into combo or charge the EX FB. It's worth the meter a lot of the time if you can successfully use it as a shield against aggro-happy players. If you do happen to HAVE to be in a position to be jumping at someone with a punch mid-air, I like to land, dash, and jump cross them up on wake-up. Rep's air game isn't fantastic.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
As far as anti airs go, just have faith in the zoning game,mix it up between fb's and acid spit works, ex acid spit if they start to catch on.
Air to airs the most reliable is slide, there are others, one in particular mentioned by thtb is njp f2 ex ffb juggle.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Honestly, if I anticipate the jump, I either NJP into combo or charge the EX FB. It's worth the meter a lot of the time if you can successfully use it as a shield against aggro-happy players. If you do happen to HAVE to be in a position to be jumping at someone with a punch mid-air, I like to land, dash, and jump cross them up on wake-up. Rep's air game isn't fantastic.
Agreed he isn't much for being in the air.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Air-to-air = only available if you have meter. After an a2a JP, f2 xx slow forceball, 32 xx fast forceball, 321 xx ender of choice.

Anti air = any standing basic normal. All of his basic normals are anti-airs...slow, but they work. 1 works as a confirm to 32 xx forceball, 2 has the better hitbox of the two punches, but is more limited on juggles, 32 = standard AA combo, 4 just combos into acid hand. His generic lows work, but JKs beat them.

Only thing you can really do off anti air is kinda NJP, and dash from under them if you don't wanna get risky. what I love doing is having a double dash, a single dash and a force ball, kind of depends on the match up. DO what you think will work on the player, just do the the thing that will frustrate them the most.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Air-to-air = only available if you have meter. After an a2a JP, f2 xx slow forceball, 32 xx fast forceball, 321 xx ender of choice.

Anti air = any standing basic normal. All of his basic normals are anti-airs...slow, but they work. 1 works as a confirm to 32 xx forceball, 2 has the better hitbox of the two punches, but is more limited on juggles, 32 = standard AA combo, 4 just combos into acid hand. His generic lows work, but JKs beat them.
Thanks a lot man!