What's new

Reptile Standing 4 is OP

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
lol was playing casuals with Emperor_Arabia and found this out. The animation of rep's standing 4 will lift his foot away from the smoke bomb. I also found that jax's ground pound will wiff to his standing 4 and johnny crouch 4. when i say wiff i mean the ground pound is clearly under you and it has no affect.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Whoa, wait...WHAT?

Reptile's standing 4, a counter to moves that require you to be on the ground? Since when does any character get such a privilege?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
haha reptiles hitbox is so godlike :rofl:

....wonder does it work with other chars normals? barakas standin 4 maybe?:mad:

Luija1006

since 1995
Remember this is a 2D fighting game with 3D hitboxes. The smoke-bomb fails because it targets reptile's right leg hitbox, and when he lifts it the special fails, obviously. Pay close attention to the video. It's not a glitch or something, the game was designed to work like this. The same applies to sub's clone in the air: sometimes if you jump in direction to the clone, you will not get freeze, because you passed exactly through the space between the two legs of the clone.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ah, boy. Should've gone with 2D hitboxes...sadly this isn't even a glitch; it's working as intended due to the stupid 3D hitboxes.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
What's wrong with it? It's not like it's doing damage to the Smoke player. Recovery times are about the same so why the QQing?

Unless the Reptile player does a random standing 4 while the Smoke player uses a naked smoke bomb up close I don't see this being a problem.And if you didn't realize that situation is just downright retarded.