What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile needs it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As most of you know this latest patch gave characters with slower 9-11 frame pokes ones that are actually viable now. That being 7-8 frame (where they all should be)

Why does Reptile not have this?

Why does his damage scale so hard off of his mixups?

Does anyone feel that one variation helps over another in certain matchups?
(It doesn't)

Many are starting to realize the struggle. His damage is "not great" is all you ever hear. Is his movement enough to make up for that? (Hell no it's not)

I'm not normally one to speak up and say a character needs some help, because I like to work. I like to find hidden strengths and show viability of a character. I just figured I'd say something though. He needs a little help and some small adjustments.

My ideas..

1. Armor on EX Reptilian Dash
2. More than just dd3 between Variations
3. Faster pokes
4. Less scaling from b2 and b3

That would be about it

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I agree that all that would be nice, especially the EX reptilian dash, that shit has fucked me over so many times because i keep thinking it should be armored.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Slow force ball comes out faster.
Force balls can no longer be dodged by low profile moves. This is all I want really. Any extra will just be nice

I think it's okay for characters to be able to low profile the forceballs, but one stance should allow you to stop them without using meter or something a long those lines. Other characters got their rush down variant, their zoning variant, and then the wildcard or MK9 counterpart etc. Reptile got..
"oh dd3 can make a lot of different things happen, but you'll need to put meter on it if you don't want to be full combo punished. That sounds like a hell of an idea!"

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Please stop making these threads. 1 is more than enough. Reptile is a good character, learn to play around the weakness THAT EVERY CHARACTER HAS. Please.

Tim Static

Adminerator
@AoK Ryan tag me in any other threads relating to this discussion please. I'll just merge them all together.

@OFIDYAN Love your enthusiasm & passion, but creating multiple threads for the same topics is counter productive. Please search/look before you post so you can just join in on an going conversation/discussion please. Thanks!

Closed....for now. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.