What's new

Question Reptile Mirror Strategy?

Reptile Mirrors suck. I always seem to get blown up with enhanced slide every time i forceball, due to the 2000 year recovery. Whats the best move that imitates a fb but recovers in enough time to punish the slide? Would it be standing 2?

but i like forceballing in zone range :( I guess i could test this myself, but i want some more tricks to go in my bag lol. How awesome would it be to make a read like that.

Oh, you're going to use a forceball? *exslide* *standing 2 instead of fb, recovers and low blocks, and full combo punishes* "Wow! great read!"

That would be awesome

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
but i like forceballing in zone range :( I guess i could test this myself, but i want some more tricks to go in my bag lol. How awesome would it be to make a read like that.

Oh, you're going to use a forceball? *exslide* *standing 2 instead of fb, recovers and low blocks, and full combo punishes* "Wow! great read!"

That would be awesome
Is this scenario even possible? Wouldn't you just get hit by the slide?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
that's what the thread is about lol. Like if you read that he would slide when he anticipated a fb, but reacted to a standing 2 thinking it was the forceball, could it recover in time to punish the slide.
I'm almost certain that you will get hit by the slide assuming you're in its range. I just can't imagine throwing a 2 out at the same time as slide and then blocking low before it gets to you.

McNasty

Moist.
Counterzone with full screen spit and try and keep advantage in the forceballs. Never forceball in dash range. If you sense any hesitation from the opponent get in with the last fb you put out and build meter. If they know the mu you should both be jumping back to full screen immediately. Spit is only good at full screen to knock him out of forceballs. Also if you land a dash keep in mind the oki game isnt great and they will have to take a big risk to keep you off. Also the "deadzone" becomes a stare down if you can set up the fb trap game well enough though you can maintain a huge advantage. Never tried it but ill bet the splat combo ender works really well in the mirror.

Counterzone with full screen spit and try and keep advantage in the forceballs. Never forceball in dash range. If you sense any hesitation from the opponent get in with the last fb you put out and build meter. If they know the mu you should both be jumping back to full screen immediately. Spit is only good at full screen to knock him out of forceballs. Also if you land a dash keep in mind the oki game isnt great and they will have to take a big risk to keep you off. Also the "deadzone" becomes a stare down if you can set up the fb trap game well enough though you can maintain a huge advantage. Never tried it but ill bet the splat combo ender works really well in the mirror.
what splat do you mean? like using the same 2 forceballs?