What's new

Reptile EX Slide Glitch

Luija1006

since 1995
I don't see any thread about this topic in this forum. Actually, I am a bit surprised no one has complained about this, because this glitch has already cost me A LOT of matches. When you do the EX Slide, randomly (but VERY consistently), Reptile will not complete the animation and will not finish his oponent with the 2 aereal kicks, not doing the whole damage and leaving him at frame disadvantage. This is glitch can cost you the game in very crucial moments. For example:

Kabal vs Reptile
1-1 rounds, even
Kabal at 39% of life bar.
Reptile at 9% of life bar.

Kabal is zoning and has no EX bar. At jump distance you JNP his saws and confirm a BNB for 32% leaving him with a 7% life bar and in a knockdown state. You correctly predict wake-up saws, do the EX SLIDE, Reptile pops Kabal to the air and fails the 2 kicks, leaving you at a BIG frame disadvantage and kabal with 1% bar. He does the wake-up saws again and you lose the game. Obviously if the two kicks didn't fail you would have won the round, so instead of getting rewarded for a correct prediction, you get punished.

NRS fix this, because this glitch is complete bullshit, and I guarantee they are a lot of reptile players losing games because of this glitch. Soon I will post a video. Thanks for reading,

My best regards,
Luisja1006

UPDATE
Video:

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
This happens to me most often when I EX-slide INTO a corner (not that that's what you should ever be doing). I've lost quite a few matches by using armor ex=slide at someone when they were in the corner and the 2nd kicks whiff pretty consistently.

UGH.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Uhh wtf I could have sworn I was tagged in this thread and also posted in it? lol

Anyways from what I've experienced is that that happens when they are in the corner and off of combos sometimes. I think it has something to do with the opponent's hitbox changing, whether they are in the air when you hit them or I guess the corner changes their hitbox as well

Luija1006

since 1995
We can't do anything to control the hit box change, so the chance of the glitch happening it's always there. This glitch just cost me another match 5 minutes ago against a Cage player firing Green Balls.

Well, in your video, Reptile's EX slide only failed on the second part when Kabal hit reptile with a wakeup ground saw that broke reptile's armor. However note his armor was just broken, he wasn't struck a second time which would knock reptile out of the slide since it's only regular armored, and not super armored. Does that make more sense as to what I was getting at?

Basically, will the kicks ever wihff if you just do EX slide all day on a training dummy? Or does it only ever happen if Reptile's armor takes a single hit while he's in the sliding state?

Luija1006

since 1995
[MENTION=5794]FrothyOmen[/MENTION] just 30 minutes ago I had a match against a cage player. He started spamming green fireballs. He had little life bar left, so at 3/4 screen I used the the EX Slide to finish him. As you know, Reptile EX Slide goes under high projectiles, so the EX Slide Armor was untouched. The EX Slide Pops Cage into the air and Reptile Fails his two kicks. He starts his frame traps and at 1/8 health I loss, so the answer is a no.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
It has been a while since I have been on here. Man, it seems NRS uses one patch to fix another patch and it just creates a bigger problem. Reptile has always been my main and it is disappointing to hear this. Have have been out for a while getting down on Gears 3 and Arkham City I need to get back on MK.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
if it keeps on like this, peeps will start to provoke this glitch to punish reptile pretty badly

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
This happened to me v DQuebeats when I was playing his Cyrax if I remember correctly, I can't stand this shit man.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I need to clarify something: this glitch has happened since day 1. It has nothing to do with armor and everything to do with the changing hitbox, which is merely a function of the tracking of the last part of the slide.