What's new

Reptile Dashes

Well I've been working on this combo for a little while now, and most of the time I can get 2 or 3 dashes before the uppercut on Male Ninjas. What I want to know is that sometimes when I dash over to do my next two punches, they don't come out until my opponent hits the ground. Should I wait until Reptile fully turns around before punching? Because I tend to mash the punch buttons while he's dashing every once and a while.

jdub03

Noob
I'm not an expert at it but i think if you use run cancel you'll get more time to do the aahp. I" can get one rep without the run cancel though. Most likely your just pressing punch too early.

You have to wait until the very end of the animation. It takes practices, and feels unnatural at first since your first reaction is just to mash HPHP to get the juggle.

When you've got it down, you'll know it. The next step is to learn how to get it down CONSISTANTLY which is what I'm working on.

Okay thanks. Now the only thing i need to fix on that is when I do lp hp I cancel out the hp before it even hits. It's a hard habit to break :cry:

jdub03 said:
I'm not an expert at it but i think if you use run cancel you'll get more time to do the aahp. I" can get one rep without the run cancel though. Most likely your just pressing punch too early.
Pressing another button to cancel the HPs will end it as soon as it can but it doesn't help becuase the DASH will cancel it anyway.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah ideally you want to cancel the punch to the dash either on the frame the punch connects or the frame before. The characters animation is 1 frame behind what they are actually doing and the collision box is tied to the animation so when you cancel the HP, the HP stays out for one frame (during which you actually start to move forward for the dash). That way you can start the dash on or before the collision maximizing the time you have to get the next volley.

This is also the how glitch cancels work. Because you are triggering the move before the collision that should disable the move, and then the collision still happens.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Rockzilla220 said:
Well I've been working on this combo for a little while now, and most of the time I can get 2 or 3 dashes before the uppercut on Male Ninjas. What I want to know is that sometimes when I dash over to do my next two punches, they don't come out until my opponent hits the ground. Should I wait until Reptile fully turns around before punching? Because I tend to mash the punch buttons while he's dashing every once and a while.
What are you talking about? You kicked my ass with your dashes, GG.

RaiN said:
Rockzilla220 said:
What are you talking about? You kicked my ass with your dashes, GG.
Hah thanks. Is your GT TotalTwisterV2 or something like that?