What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile Bug - Disappearing Forceballs

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
There was a similar bug to this in MK9 with Reptile's forceballs as well. I wonder if there's a way to replicate it consistently in this game.
It happened right as I reflected it.

It either has something to do with that, or it was a HUGE coincidence.

Reactions: REO

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There was a similar bug to this in MK9 with Reptile's forceballs as well. I wonder if there's a way to replicate it consistently in this game.
In MK9 they only turned invisible, not disappear completely. This is different. Though I can mess with it and see if I can replicate it

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
I dunno, that one was pretty legendary
Ketchup, you guys single handedly caused a hotfix which made Sorcerer useless for a long time! That video of you playing ranked was an awesome demonstration of its brokenness. This seems pretty minor though, still hope it's fixed. I don't think Kenshi has the same problem with his reflect.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Ketchup, you guys single handedly caused a hotfix which made Sorcerer useless for a long time! That video of you playing ranked was an awesome demonstration of its brokenness. This seems pretty minor though, still hope it's fixed. I don't think Kenshi has the same problem with his reflect.
We've never been personally responsible for a hotfix before, it was a pretty weird feeling.

Part of me wishes they kept the double spells in just for a laugh, but just, no

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
We've never been personally responsible for a hotfix before, it was a pretty weird feeling.

Part of me wishes they kept the double spells in just for a laugh, but just, no
Why didn't you keep the tech under wraps then bust it out at EVO or some major? That would have been insane if you had put more time into refining it and breaking the game lmao

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
uh oh,

Has anybody had this before?

I haven't seen anything on this, but it's pretty bad. I haven't looked into reproducing this either, but is this known?

basically, the force ball completely vanishes right before I reflect it.
Ive encountered this a few times and have already submitted this for fixing. It should be out next patch

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Did you ever figure out what causes it?
Forgot to post this here @PND_Ketchup

What's happening here is it's not actually your reflect that is making the forceball disappear. When reptile EX stops a regular slow forceball, no matter if it hits or is blocked, if he tries to do another regular forceball then it will just straight up disappear.

Here's my video for example:

Strangely enough, if Takeda or Kitana reflect Reptile's forceball, there is like a 1-3 frame window where Reptile can still EX stop the forceball, but it is no longer under his control and he can get hit by it. Example:

But thanks to your video and some casuals at KIT, I was able to pinpoint the disappearing glitch, so thank you!