What's new

REO's Quan-Chi?

Saint

Noob
I didn't watch all the matches but for the first few he does not only keep up but does some serious ass whooping too.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/288222347

It starts at 2:36 and ends at 18:17. This is after the patch which nerfed Quan to hell, so its pretty sick that he manages to even keep up with Chris G, one of, if not the best Reptile.
Wait... what version is this? Didn't Quan Chi lose the ability to cancel his b+3,1+2 string? REO cancels it into Skull Ball at 10:45, but the patch that removed the b+3,1+2 cancel also reduced the recovery of Trance on hit, as it is in the video... You sure that isn't actually from pre-patch MK9? Before even the day-one patch? I don't think REO even plays Quan Chi anymore anyway.

D-MyzE

Noob
Wait... what version is this? Didn't Quan Chi lose the ability to cancel his b+3,1+2 string? REO cancels it into Skull Ball at 10:45, but the patch that removed the b+3,1+2 cancel also reduced the recovery of Trance on hit, as it is in the video... You sure that isn't actually from pre-patch MK9? Before even the day-one patch? I don't think REO even plays Quan Chi anymore anyway.
Yeah there were 2 patches, 1 nerfed his safe jump the other nerfed his b+3, 1+2 cancel. Pretty sure this is between those 2 patches, otherwise REO would definetly be ending his combos with 1 1 teleport because of the safe jump. But yeah looks like REO dropped Quan Chi.