What's new

Strategy Remembering your inventory...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Does anyone have issues with this? What I mean is... what all you have planned for... combos, set-ups and so on. Alsom do people forget U4 is a mid or do they choose not to use it because it's kinda slow?

I also believe Ermac players should cancel a charged B2 into teleslam more to make their opponents really respect that move.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
u4 is really good after ex push, i love it and think its underrated .
and back 2 into slam is a good idea. never thought of using it to make people respect it, most of the time people respect it because it can be released for an embarrassing combo. i mean lbsh... when you get owned by the charge it really kills you inside lol

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I use u4 against choice wakeup attacks or when I'm baiting an advancing special that won't collide with Ermac's hitbox(i.e. reptile's elbow dash or Jax's dash punch). Cancel b2 into f4. I used that on treadmill tonight, and it basically it gave me a fully charged one after a few uses. Yes, its gimmicky as shit, but you gotta use everything when your opponent is good.

Illmatix

I use u4 against choice wakeup attacks or when I'm baiting an advancing special that won't collide with Ermac's hitbox(i.e. reptile's elbow dash or Jax's dash punch). Cancel b2 into f4. I used that on treadmill tonight, and it basically it gave me a fully charged one after a few uses. Yes, its gimmicky as shit, but you gotta use everything when your opponent is good.
im starting to think zaf is right... its all about d4 now. plus on hit, neutral on block and spaces you for an iafb.

Illmatix

so charge feint into d4 in to iafb. also thanks for that idea with u4 against reptile

zaf

professor
D4 and sweep are the best.

U4 is just one of those moves you really want to use but there is always something better

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Allow me to rephrase. I use u4 mostly as a wakeup stuff. That mainly includes reptile and subzero. Outside of that maybe once in blue moon I'll do one off a jip. Zaf is right. d4 is the better choice, I just like u4 for its jumping property. Its hard to combo Ermac off it and his hitbox shifts around more than fake boobs.

Illmatix

ok lets talk about this iafb...
do you guys ever do dash forward jump to get an advancing instant airblast?
so dash, cancel dash into forward jump, cancel forward jump into airblast as fast as possible.
it seems really good and should be differentiated in our jargon as aiafb(advancing instant air force blast).
i also think we should talk about iafb settups in detail to map out this tool for prime effectiveness. ive been trying to make use of it and sometimes it backfires so i wanted to know what you think.

zaf

professor
ok lets talk about this iafb...
do you guys ever do dash forward jump to get an advancing instant airblast?
so dash, cancel dash into forward jump, cancel forward jump into airblast as fast as possible.
it seems really good and should be differentiated in our jargon as aiafb(advancing instant air force blast).
i also think we should talk about iafb settups in detail to map out this tool for prime effectiveness. ive been trying to make use of it and sometimes it backfires so i wanted to know what you think.

I said this before in a different thread.

There are three types of Iafb

Neutral IafB - Neutral jump down back 2
Advancing iafb - forwards jump down back 2
backwards iafb - back jump down back 2

back iafb is great after 31
this works because the iafb can not be poked and blows up pokes. only the jump back one works, the other two lose to pokes.

There are all kinds of scenarios to use the 3 iafbs in.

Illmatix

how does u4 stuff wakeups?
some, for example if you are fighting some like sub u4 would get him if he blocks low while down, and avoid his slide if he wakes up because his hit box comes off the ground.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've done some nasty things to Raiden with B11/B114.

Idk exactly how it works, but the motions of B11 weave through Raiden's normals/strings at certain distances.
I need to test it more, but it's always entertaining to see a Raiden B31 right into a 52% combo.

Defenestrator

I do windows
Sometimes I cancel a jump kick into IAFB. Use 3 for the kick so I don't get a negative edge teleport. It's probably a gimmick but it catches folks sometimes if they let go of block.