What's new

Reign of the Supermen: Superman Only PSN KOTH

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
After seeing the Any good Supermen that can help me get better thread I thought something like this would be good. It's a chance for people to share knowledge and help each other while also, potentially, leveling up as Injustice/Superman players. I'll also be recording it so anyone in the community that doesn't participate can still see what went on.

Rules are simple:

Superman only (costume doesn't matter) - If you pick someone else by accident, however improbable, then please forfeit that match. Even if you've been waiting a while it's your responsibility to make sure you pick Superman. If you win the match then I'll create a new room and you simply won't be invited.

I'll post the event date when we have 8 entrants. If we get 9-11 then they will be alternates in case someone can't make it or drops early on. If we get 12+ then I'll start signups for a second event (Return to Krypton?) .

To signup simply post your PSN name.

Signups.

Compbros
JayBay
WingStahh

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
My schedule is kinda messed but I'm down to trade tech and learn from you guys.
Psn id: quantum_mekanikz

Sent from my iPad

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
You don't learn a single rational thing from Superman mirrors.

Not true at all, watching a mirror match can show you different ways to play. For Supes you could see someone that does back dashing/whiff punishing against someone that enjoys pressuring people. It can show people what to do in specific situations or general tactics. There is not a single match in any fighter that you can't learn something from.

xQUANTUMx

I love superman mirrors. Its the biggest game of chicken there is. At any time, where one hits the other you're in for combo damage craziness. It gets even better when its back and forth.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I feel like it's like playing RPS, but you're both throwing rock. And whoever throws rock harder and smarter wins.

But the whole "different ways to play", you're essentially just saying that it lets you see other player's setups.
This particular matchup doesn't teach you to be a better or smarter player. Rock throwing is rock throwing, regardless of the angles.

xQUANTUMx

if anything, it'd be fun as hell. Plus, I've never played you guys, so at least I'm looking forward to that. FR's incoming.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I feel like it's like playing RPS, but you're both throwing rock. And whoever throws rock harder and smarter wins.

But the whole "different ways to play", you're essentially just saying that it lets you see other player's setups.
This particular matchup doesn't teach you to be a better or smarter player. Rock throwing is rock throwing, regardless of the angles.

This analogy is already off as there's not a lot of strategy in RPS, it's mostly a game of chance. It's more like.....checkers where one person's strategy is to try to get kinged as fast a possible and pressure the opponent through that and another tries to eliminate as many of the opponents pieces as possible while barely trying to reach a king while yet another's is to defend their area to stop the opponent from getting kinged. It's the same board, same pieces and a fairly simplistic game while still employing different strategies.

See other player's setup and learn from them. I've learned like 80 percent of my Sonya just from watching great players play her and watching Blake/Death mirror Sonya probably taught me more than anything. Playing mirrors and playing against other characters offer little more knowledge than learning about the matchup of that character. Every matchup has the potential to teach you to be better/smarter. If a person is getting dominated in a mirror because they're doing predictable things and they learn to change up their playstyle to be less obvious then didn't they become better/smarter? Again, mirrors or not, you can learn from seeing others play your character and you can incorporate it into your own style.

I don't think it ever hurts playing against others, and getting criticism, good or bad (bad is what I look for). Anything is better than the typical PSN messages like "you suck" or "air dashing is cheating" etc.

-W

xQUANTUMx

The whole point of this is to learn and level together. What could be better than that? plus you're doing it with like minded community members.

Not too many PSN Injustice players I see :) Heck when I go to Player Match / KOTH it takes awhile - just not too many PS3 peeps?

-W

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I have a decent Superman that I'd like to level up... or is this like the bests of the best only? If you guys want probably free wins while showing me how to better use Superman, I'm down. My PSN is MrSoloLobo.