What's new

Raziel DLC

Would you like to see Raziel as a guest DLC character?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
For those of you that don't know, Raziel is the main protagonist of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2. He was the prodigal son of Kain, his lieutenant and second-in-command.

Born human, now a vampire, Raziel has evolved to such an extent that he surpassed Kain, growing wings and becoming a more divine form of his Lord and brethren.

Poisoned by his jealousy, Kain saw this act as a transgression. Raziel heads to his execution, cast into the Lake of the Dead, his wings torn apart.

Like Kain before him, Raziel was revived by a mysterious benefactor, and returned to Nosgoth as a wraith, to exact his revenge.

Driven by his new master, the Elder God, Raziel systematically eradicated his former brethren in the wasteland of Kain's empire, obtained the Soul Reaver, and unearthed his own ironic past.

- Now, after that brief origin story, i guess i should state why i think Raziel would be a fitting character for the MK universe. First of all, aesthetically, i think his whole grim and agile look is just spot on, and fits perfectly in a 1v1 fighting game (arena) scenario.

- Second, the gameplay possibilities for Raziel are vast. The three variations available in MK X completely suit him, and i think they should be as follows: Human, Vampire, and Wraith form.

For example, let's talk about the iconic Reaver.

- The Reaver, and, later, the Soul Reaver, is a flamberge-class sword with a broad, undulating serpentine blade. It is the signature weapon of the vampire Kain, and plays a key role as both the protagonist's ultimate weapon and a story element. The Reaver was originally an enchanted sword, forged by Vorador at the ancient vampires' behest to destroy their prophesied adversary, the Hylden champion.

- The Reaver had an ability to drain its victims' blood, but was altered when it absorbed the soul of the time-traveling wraith Raziel. Hereafter, Raziel's spirit inhabited the blade, and it obtained the ability to devour souls of those it struck. Much later in Nosgoth's history, when Kain attacked Raziel with the physical blade, it proved unable to devour its younger self, and shattered, releasing Raziel's soul (the Wraith Blade).

- The sword's passage through time is a complicated one, and its existence has been, and will be, entwined with Raziel's for all infinity within the Nosgoth universe. As it acted as a vessel for Raziel's soul, the Reaver could be used to decouple history, creating paradoxes and new timelines if brought into proximity with Raziel or another version of itself.

I won't get too crazy with the story of Raziel, but if you enjoyed reading this maybe you should play the games yourself and find out what an awesome character he is.
I don't want to dwell too deep into theory-crafting either, but i see a lot of gameplay opportunities for this character in future Mortal Kombat games. His human soldier training, his vampire attacks that gut opponents and grow more powerful from blood spilled, his Reaver attacks and special attacks with dimension swapping and devouring souls...a lot of potential if you ask me.

Anyways, i had this idea for quite some time now, so i thought i'd share it with you all, i'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the subject!

chores

bad at things
Raziel would be cool but seems like they would probably need a new LoK game to make it worth their while financially/promotion wise. The last LoK game was over 10 years ago.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Raziel would be cool but seems like they would probably need a new LoK game to make it worth their while financially/promotion wise. The last LoK game was over 10 years ago.
Yes i know, this boggles my mind since it has so much potential for a reboot or a movie.