What's new

Question Raven Wake-up game

Owerbart

I miss you
So, the point of this thread is for Raven players to get some tips on how to not being continuously bullied when they are knocked-down.

Against Batman and Aquaman, for start, I have one hell of a problem after knocked down to establish once again the distance. Once they knock me down I'm at their mercy. Most of the time I just get up blocking a string which sometimes I misblock and end up once again on the floor. Any tips?

Nerubian

Noob
Singularity has a small bit of invulnerability on wakeup, but really not a lot. Which is unfortuante as she has no real wakeup options besides block. Batman and Shazam are probably the worst as their j2 crossup is extremely ambiguous, moreso than some of the other cast. I haven't really been able to deal with it besides simply blocking. If I can block something and I really need the space, the pushblock helps - it's usually not enough. I'd love for someone to come up with something better - but I think it's simply the weakness of the character. Bad wakeup options and extremely mediocre anti-air normals.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Only real options are as follows:

1. Block
2. Wakeup singularity / soul crush
3. Backdash
4. MB B3 / F3

I've used wakeup db1 (the reflect thing) to avoid meatie projectiles in certain situations but it is not very consistent. I think her design is to have great control over the majority of the screen but can't anti air and must block on wakeup.

Wawa

Noob
personally, i feel this is the hardest part of her game.

when I get sucked in a Batman vortex or cornered by a Doomsday, I don't have anything else working for me except pushblock.
probably not the best way to spend a bar but I find it necessary to just get some breathing room to at least avoid consistent blocking.