What's new

General/Other Raven help

Raegn21

Noob
well, either shes super hard to use or im just hopeless. i set her to very hard and all she did was use the Soul Crush to catch me out of the air and toe poke me into more Crushes (which was not very helpful for learning her as online players cant be that stupid to just take 20 Soul Crushes in a row). so is there any kind of trick to learning her or im just bad at doing so?

i also noticed that she only has one overhead move (aside from f3 whichll make it near impossible to do anything if my opponent decides to crouch block the entire match). so thats probably gonna be my biggest problem if i can ever use her decently enough to think about trying her online

Sami

Noob
Patience, patience and patience. And if they crouch all day, f3 (with optional meter burn if you expect a low poke), f2233 combo to overhead (knocks them down), or cross-up with a jump-over 1/2/3 into full combo.

well, either shes super hard to use or im just hopeless. i set her to very hard and all she did was use the Soul Crush to catch me out of the air and toe poke me into more Crushes (which was not very helpful for learning her as online players cant be that stupid to just take 20 Soul Crushes in a row)...
You'd be surprised my friend. You'd be surprised.

But yes, spamming Soul Crush is not going to be the best way to win. If you want to learn Raven, the best I can say is play, lose, win, and learn. On my day one I was "that guy" who sat in the corner and threw Soul Crushes all day, now I actually have a plan with it. Keeping my distance and knowing when to sit back and chuck the projectiles or absorb them or as Alex Valley would say "RUSH THAT S*** DOWN!" You get it in time.

Oh and use the training room to learn punishes on different characters and frame data, don't just fight super hard AI. Create set ups like AI wake ups and read the frame data of yours and their moves bit by bit each day. Peace.