What's new

Rare MKII Revision 1.1 Roms finally surface

ScheissNussen said:
Nice! That auction had me worried for some reason lol.
I almost thought it was going to go for around the same amount that it was stuck at for a couple days, but the sniper shots started to ring out at the end. Still a great deal. I bet Mr. $250 is kind of let down right about now.
Exactly!!! I was going to offer 50.00 to end it early the other day.

TerryMasters said:
F%&! Some jackass outbid me!

nah I got em. :)
Congrats man, glad ya got them for a descent price. After they get dumped you could easily get your money back selling the other sets individually.

mud said:
I have a feeling this is legit! (watch it ends up being a complete scam, heh :D)

An arcade buddy of mine says he's seen the same stickers on other burned eproms from the 90s. If this is the case, those likely came from a professional bootlegger. In the 90s there were places to mail order bootlegs of eproms, which is what we're assuming these are from.

I also have my own type geek theory to back this; the font used for the 1.1 roms is Comic Sans, which was released in 1994. During that time EVERYONE was using that font for everything, it was ridiculous. Now a days the only people who use it are kids, and old people. I just can't imagine anyone now a days using it to print labels.

Plus, If he did dump a whole bootleg set of the eproms, and threw a fake 1.1 in there for good measure, why wouldn't he include 4.1?

*edit - Another thing, saving the original box from an official midway eprom set seems like someone who was serious into collecting. Plus dude's feedback seems pretty legit to me.

I'm pretty sure 3.2 was just a european release. There's no euro versions of 1.1-3.1, so chances are you had to import them till 3.2 was released there. Can anyone confirm any differences, or if there were earlier revisions marked for euro distribution?
Actually a 3.1 euro just got dumped a few months back. So leads me to believe a 3.2 usa could also exist.

It's probably a hack someone did recently on their computer. The 9.1 was not official so there would be no point in making a different version of it for Europe.

iammud

Noob
Congrats on winning it Terry, and to scheiss on the mk1 bootleg. I ended up sleeping through both auctions :sleepy:

TerryMasters said:
I wouldn't want to be one of, 'those guys' - you know, one that tells everybody about the cool new board he got (say for instance, oh I don't know... a super rare 4.0 prototype of MK1) but then doesn't dump the roms for months after specifically mentioning he owns a rom burner.

I mean, how much would that guy suck?
What can I say? Other than I'm a complete hoarding bastard. My Naomi, and DC collections will attest to that! Though, that's something that I'd end up letting the dump go eventually, no problems. But I'm working on updating my mk collection with all the newer games, so the addition of some rare old stuff wouldn't be too shabby!

Sucks on the 4.0 romset, sounds like the dude is busy.