What's new

General/Other Rain's Pokes/Footsies

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
This is something we have barely touched up on. I feel Rain has some of the best pokes in the game and I know Book will tell you the same. His D+1 is +1 on hit (+2 online, then?) and has deceptive reach -- if cancelled into something could be deadly.

But what exactly should we cancel into? D+1~H20 Blast/Roundhouse Kick seem viable but I haven't been able to land these consistently online enough to fully realize how good these are. The same with his D+3 and D+4; which are seemingly pretty awesome, as well.

Couple of questions: (Just to get this topic started)

- A) Is Down+4~RH a good poke?

- B) What's his best standing poke/footsie option? I believe it's standing 3 but I could be wrong. I'm sure the answer is probably just standing 4~RH/RHc.

- C) What should we cancel into after a D+1/D+3/D+4? Or should we not cancel into anything at all?

Please note: This is all very new to me so I'm sorry if this comes off as rubbish.

Leooooh

Noob
Well those are the pokes I usually do:

- D1, then go for 3 RH, or 4 RH/RH cancel. I don't cancel it in those moves.
- D4~RH is very good poke. I use it sometimes in the RH cancels too. For example, 43 RH cancel, D4~RH cancel, 4 RH. But like Smarrgasm said before, it seems that the lonely D4 is better. If you do D4, and then go for the 43 RH cancel pressure, and your oponent tried to jump out of it, they will be catched by the 43 Rh in the air, and will eat a combo.
- I like to use the 43 RH, or 4 RH as standing poke. The lonely 3 is fast, but the range of 4 is way better, and 4 is only one frame slower then 3.

Another thing that I would like to comment is the viability of doing 4 RH after an Ex RH cancel (armored dash). Most of people tend to do 43 lightning or 43 bubble, since the armor is absorving the hit and leaving your oponent with their defense open for a full combo, but sometimes, they will be abble to block and we will eat a combo. I see this as a poke too. What do u guys think?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
4 RH is his best footsie poke IMO, if it hits it launches, has long reach and its mid hitting (except maybe against some moves like Mileenas D4?) and on block you can start up an offense.

D4 RH might work similarly but it doesnt link so you may aswell just do the 4 RH

Sasuga

Noob
His D1 is pretty good against cross-ups. You can cancel it into lightning for combo. Or use it to punish Mileena's and Scorpion's ex-teles and similar moves.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
back 2 2+1 is a GREAT tool for footsies, as soon as they wiff that down 4,3,1 ect...arm sweep dat bitch! haha

But no really, when it comes to spacing and counter poking, and footsies back 2 1+2 is my best friend