What's new

Strategy Rains Armor Pressure

New rain tech? --

A use for exboost/boost would be after a lightning (mid combo preferably) not being able to block sucks, but you can use it too your advantage, You can A) exroundhouse their wake up B) Absorb their wakeup attack with your exroundhouse armor then cancel and start a combo C) Dash in and bait an attack then immediately activate your exroundhouse then cancel into a string (giving your string a few hits of armor) into a full combo. Rain builds meter pretty quickly and this tactic could be used if you have the meter advantage but are about 50% down on health, more or less. You could also always cancel your exroundhouse into another special giving your normal special armor for a few frames. Sure this tactic isn't meter savvy but given the right circumstance you could really blow someone up especially if you've been playing super defensively the whole match.

New Rain Tech? (below)

also after a connected b2 in the corner you can regular roundhouse cancel into 12f4, 43, 33 or any fast string, midscreen you can do b2 roundhouse cancel into 4...havent got 43 to c onnect though. i think this is pretty big and never seen this anywhere.. Ive tried b2 roundhouse cancel repeat in the corner but nope, no infinite lol. Of course if a b2 would even hit you could just go into the 1+2 combo but, on block b2 roundhouse cnacel seems like a good advantage.

you have major advantage after b2 roundhouse cancel in the corner on hit though. and midscreen you have pretty good advantage on hit. Ill have to test out this on block later.

EDIT

i got b2 roundhouse cancel b2 to work in the corner. ONCE..i cant do it again..i hope its not possible or maybe i inputted exroundhouse on accidnet.. but if you can connect b2 roundhouse cancel b2 roundhouse cancel b2...that would be bad.

thats why i haven't heard about it lol..rain mainers need to be more outspoken and discuss this stuff!

i think b2 roundhouse cancel into combo i spretty good and should lead to more tech for rain

Subby

Frost Warrior
THTB and myself have both made posts about the EX RH armor dash. No one seems to notice :(
I'm sure many people noticed! I did(but of course, I don't comment alot on things, I just take notes and observe.).
Also, if this new tech is indeed viable, then it seems we have a very intresting tool to Rains RH cancel mechanic. I wonder if theres other combo strings that maybe dash canelable(Horrid spelling....sry) for a combo.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Well the reason why noone speaks of it is because you cant do it online. There arent to many rain players in the FG scene yet but the EX RH does retarded block stun damage. I was playing my friend and when ever i lose the match he always used that string with all three meters man. Its a true block string man
Its frikkin Swagtastic

i do the ex roundhouse cancels online.. its quite effective and is the heart of his mix up game. I like the regular cancel though and think that needs to be explored more fully. I really wanna hear what thtb, cd jr, pig of the hut and/or usedforglue think of the b2 roundhouse cancel in the corner though.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I tried :l: + :bp: xx Super Kick loop in the corner and couldn't get it to combo even once. On the other hand :l: + :bp: xx :en Super Kick works everytime.

Personally, I used :en Super Kick to get out of pressure or when baiting the opponent. But started to use the dash cancel into combos and it works pretty good. Though, I still find myself whiffing on the combo follow up when the opponent decides to jump instead of counter poke out of the pressure.

In my estimation, Rain got a huge buff in the 09/23 patch despite having no specific changes. Namely, he can block cancel all his dash cancel shenanigans now.

b2 into a roundhouse cancel combo sounds fantastic. Thanks for finding that.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Though, I still find myself whiffing on the combo follow up when the opponent decides to jump instead of counter poke out of the pressure.
Havent tested this yet but I just thought of it now.

If the opponent jumps out of a 43 string maybe you can follow up with a 1 into 43,waterbubble... Possible?

I just thought of something else.

If Rain can now block cancel the Super Kick dash, he'll be the only person in the game that can be in armoured frames while blocking.

I bet there are some obscure glitches to be found there.