What's new

Question - Raiden Raiden vicinity burst anti air

Truesolo

<message deleted>
I've always wondered........is vicinity burst a viable anti air? I never see raiden players use it.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
You guys are doing it wrong if you aren't NJPing for AA. It's his best option along w f1. Gets more dmg than f1 too

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah you can combo off standing for sure also

True for the most part but my d2 gets stuffed all the time. If I don't wanna let anyone jump in I'll just do ex shocker for 30%
I think that might be you mistiming it. For the most part I've never felt I timed it right and didn't at least get a trade.

You guys are doing it wrong if you aren't NJPing for AA. It's his best option along w f1. Gets more dmg than f1 too
I don't like to rely on NJP much since that has to be done on a read and the one time you do it and they don't jump you're now at a disadvantage. Maybe even getting punished. With F1 and D2 I can just sit and wait for the jump.

BigMilk

I think that might be you mistiming it. For the most part I've never felt I timed it right and didn't at least get a trade.

I don't like to rely on NJP much since that has to be done on a read and the one time you do it and they don't jump you're now at a disadvantage. Maybe even getting punished. With F1 and D2 I can just sit and wait for the jump.
You can actually use it on reaction. It's quicker than d2 so if you use d2 reliably this will work as well.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can actually use it on reaction. It's quicker than d2 so if you use d2 reliably this will work as well.
You mean an instant air NJP? Instant air normals seem unreliable for me but if it's possible that's cool. Would you say Raiden's NJP is comparable to Quan's?

BigMilk

You mean an instant air NJP? Instant air normals seem unreliable for me but if it's possible that's cool. Would you say Raiden's NJP is comparable to Quan's?
Actually I would. It is only a few frames slower on startup which doesn't matter if it's instant and it has better horizontal range than Quan's.

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
I'm a big fan of njp as an anti-air, but it's undeniable how strong exVB is if they are trying to cross you up. I think in the cross up case it doesn't even need to be ex.

On a completely unrelated note, this seems to be the simplest safe overhead component in the corner.
Do you mean doing like b2xxEXdb2? That would be pretty cool going back to zero. I don't know how I feel about spending a meter to do it in the corner just because the corner is the only time I feel meter hungry as Raiden.