What's new

Raiden Tournament Match Videos - Tons of them

Hi there all you Raiden players. I just wanted to share my youtube page with you guys, it has tons and tons of my tournament matches (in which I use Raiden 99% percent of the time). Just wanted to let you guys know that it is there as a resource if any of you guys wanted to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliMaestroMK

I'm working on a compilation videos of my tournament losses that I hope to have finished within the week. Also, I'm playing Raiden extremely different now than I was just a month ago. The style of play in the newer videos is much different when compared to the first videos I uploaded.

Hope this is helpful to anyone that is learning Raiden.

-CaliMaestro

Very different playstyle than what I use with Raiden. I like the superman to corner->tele trick to bait people into the corner. I think that you'd get a lot of use out of some throws and sweeps being thrown into your teleport game, though. I'd probably cut out the 22b4 in favor of sweeps and throws, tbh.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Hi there all you Raiden players. I just wanted to share my youtube page with you guys, it has tons and tons of my tournament matches (in which I use Raiden 99% percent of the time). Just wanted to let you guys know that it is there as a resource if any of you guys wanted to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliMaestroMK

I'm working on a compilation videos of my tournament losses that I hope to have finished within the week. Also, I'm playing Raiden extremely different now than I was just a month ago. The style of play in the newer videos is much different when compared to the first videos I uploaded.

Hope this is helpful to anyone that is learning Raiden.

-CaliMaestro
Not trying to be a dick or anything but we already have a thread for Raiden match videos. It'd be easier for people to find things if we keep them organized by topic. It gets kind of messy if we have a bunch of threads about the same thing.

Albo

Noob
good stuff man. these are some very good high level matches that people can learn from.

regarding the the match against rel's cage you do a lot of predicatble superman out of the blue. you make great use of the 22b4 which surprisingly you opponent does not block the last hit most of the time. what you could try implementing in your game is ex shocker and bait your opponent to jump in to catch them with it. it's very releiable for me and makes a nice change from just teleporting to get to my opponent. you use the same strategy as me to build meter, which staying full screen and throwing continous projectiles and if they arn't blocking then superman. if they are blocking then teleporting and attacking would be at your advantage. you played great in these matches but rel made many mistakes that cost him both games.

against wonder chef's reptile and sonya you made good use of the 22b4 since he wasn't blocking the last low hit most of the time especially in the living forest matches. those were some intense matches especially towards the end where you two always happened to have just a little life left each and are frantically tring to get a hit in but you were always successful. that part against wonder chefs reptile in the flesh pets was insane how you managed to get the last hit was incredible! for me reptile is my worst matchup but thats online as well as raiden mirror matches. you dominated him in these matches but i felt he could have punished you a lot more with elbow dash. what you could have also done is apply more corner pressure and try and get some big damage corner combo with raiden instead of just f2,4. you could use f2,4~superman from anywhere on the screen to try and get them near to the corner for the big combos.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I've found your channel about a week before you posted here and I was happy to see that much highlevel Raiden action in one place :) . But I agree with Raidenwins, this should have been posted into the Raiden Match Videos topic.

Just watched three videos.

Protip: :r:bp:bk combos in the corner...

start watching at 1:10. this is from one of my EVO matches. of course i use f2 4 in the corner. i only use it if i have too though in a tournament setting because you have tons of people watching you as you play. when playing at tournaments, it is best to not use all of your tactics and and tricks if you can beat your opponent without them. this way if someone is watching you, and then you come up against them later in the tournament... you can catch them off guard.

also, check out the article that Storms posted on some of my and Wonder_Chef's tournament matches here http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1425-MK9-EGP-Tournament-Matches-Orange-County-Ca

I use it often =)

-CaliMaestro

when playing at tournaments, it is best to not use all of your tactics and and tricks if you can beat your opponent without them. this way if someone is watching you, and then you come up against them later in the tournament... you can catch them off guard.
Yeah I know what you mean, man, I'll hold back my best stuff until I need it. Like for example if I lose the first round I might say something like "you have yet to taste my TRUE power!" and I'll scream a bunch and then ascend to Super Saiyan Level 3 (which is really just me wearing a wig, but still I think it's pretty effective, you know, I definitely feel like it gets in my opponent's head).

start watching at 1:10. this is from one of my EVO matches. of course i use f2 4 in the corner. i only use it if i have too though in a tournament setting because you have tons of people watching you as you play. when playing at tournaments, it is best to not use all of your tactics and and tricks if you can beat your opponent without them. this way if someone is watching you, and then you come up against them later in the tournament... you can catch them off guard.

also, check out the article that Storms posted on some of my and Wonder_Chef's tournament matches here http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1425-MK9-EGP-Tournament-Matches-Orange-County-Ca

I use it often =)

-CaliMaestro
I'm kind of curious about some of your combo choices, if you don't mind questions. For example, you do 312, dash, 33, ex shocker. Is there a reason for that? Not only is it suboptimal damage, but the shocker itself does the same damage whether ex or normal. Not criticizing your style, just curious if there's a reason for that which I might not be aware of. Same thing for not comboing off of f24 in the corner.

I'm kind of curious about some of your combo choices, if you don't mind questions. For example, you do 312, dash, 33, ex shocker. Is there a reason for that? Not only is it suboptimal damage, but the shocker itself does the same damage whether ex or normal. Not criticizing your style, just curious if there's a reason for that which I might not be aware of. Same thing for not comboing off of f24 in the corner.
the ex shocker is supposed to be followed up on. you can see it here at 3:10
that EVO match above was my first match of the day, and I hate to make excuses, but at EVO we were not allowed to use the normal PS3 dualshock controlelr. i ordered 3 different converters prior to EVO, and every single one of them was laggy as could be. so the day before EVO i bought a USB Logitech PC controller as it was the most similar type of controller i could find that would work. i could just not get used to it. i was dropping combo after combo in the liu kang match above. it actually is a bit embarrassing.

and not to mention, i had the EVO jitters for my first couple of matches that day. it is weird... even after finishing top 10 at ReveLAations and winning several SoCal tournaments, it took me a while to feel settled in at EVO.

Oh and as for using the ex schocker following the 33, the normal shocker doesn't connect in open space using that string.

Fair enough. Just curious.

Oh and as for using the ex schocker following the 33, the normal shocker doesn't connect in open space using that string.
On this, I'm still not sure I follow the logic. That combo does what... 31-33% damage? Whereas b312, dash, shocker, f2~vicinity blast, b3~superman does 35% without meter. Again, not calling you out or anything. Just curious about your choices.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Shit, forgot I posted in here.

I use it often =)

-CaliMaestro
Alright, yeah, that video didn't showcase what I was talking about: :r:bp:bk, :d:fp~shocker, :r:bp:fk~vicinity blast, :r:bp:fk~superman. Definitely something worth doing. Also didn't see you hit confirm a single superman off that string midscreen either... Maybe I didn't look close enough.