What's new

Strategy - Thunder God Raiden Thunder god Strong meter build Option (SAFE)

Byites

Wilson
My friend showed me this. Doing this string twice will cause raiden to build a full bar of meter. I would consider this very strong. Opinions?

It's not safe. You will get jabbed between the 2's.

Typically any blocked thunder god normal builds good meter when held

It's not safe. You will get jabbed between the 2's.

Typically any blocked thunder god normal builds good meter when held
You think people would but they don't. I use thise tactic a lot and maybe 10% people I play know you can jab and get the timing right to jab. I play a lot of matches. Plus a lot of people still don't know it teleports on the last part of the string, so they end up getting hit anyway.

Still, at best it's only something that works on people that don't know any better... And there will be less of those as time goes on.

Besides, ending after the first 2 is legit.

nugava

Noob
Why would you jab between the two 2 ? You have 10 years to NJP inbetween that string. (During the teleport.)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I wonder if it's feasible to f1 after 11[2] in case they try something funny. f12b[2] is safer on block if anything.
At any rate, you should read your opponent and stagger this stuff.
Tbh we discussed this pretty thoroughly day 1...

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
you can actually cancel the first 2 into shocker and still get half a bar, while there is a window in between the 2 hold and shocker, its smaller and only a low rush move (slide), a few teleports and some ex rush attacks gets through