What's new

Tech - Thunder God Raiden - Thunder God - Lightning Fireball cancel.

nugava

Noob
Let's call the db1, cancel, run: LC (as Lightning Cancel) to make the thread easier.
Can someone explain what's possible with that tech ?
How many reps max ? Which strings are linkable ? Can you loop more than one time with the SAME string ?
I am trying to do: b14, LC, b14, LC... But the seconds fireball wont cancel.
Can you do 214, LC, something ?

mrtom

Noob
Let's call the db1, cancel, run: LC (as Lightning Cancel) to make the thread easier.
How many reps max ? Which strings are linkable ? Can you loop more than one time with the SAME string ?
As far as I know you can only do 1 LC per combo. If you end with an immediate reset you could use it in the next combo but that would be it until your stamina refills. I think it only works off b14 but I'll let someone more proficient answer that.

nugava

Noob
So I messed up a little bit with that LC... I guess it's best used in the corner, after you end a combo with b14...
b14, LC and the b2/b33 true 50/50... It gives you +++++ frames.

Iz-GOod

Noob
So I messed up a little bit with that LC... I guess it's best used in the corner, after you end a combo with b14...
b14, LC and the b2/b33 true 50/50... It gives you +++++ frames.
Yes it's a true 50/50, but it's also a huge risk as the opponent can get a full punish if they guess right. You might want to consider using b2,shocker and b3,shocker to tack on some extra damage without making it unsafe. Unless of course you're really sure about how your opponent will block ;)

Yeah I tried getting two LCs in the same combo and got the same thing everyone else did. The second time, it just won't cancel, even if you have enough stamina bar. Looks like NRS made sure we couldn't abuse it, otherwise we could do some crazy broken stuff.

nugava

Noob
Can someone explain that ?
The imputs: b14, LC, b1...
When b14 is blocked, the Lightning does not come... Is that an useless option select ?... Did I do something weird with the inputs ?
b14 is punishable so it's useless... But it's weird.
Too bad that does not work with 11.

nugava

Noob
Yes it's a true 50/50, but it's also a huge risk as the opponent can get a full punish if they guess right. You might want to consider using b2,shocker and b3,shocker to tack on some extra damage without making it unsafe. Unless of course you're really sure about how your opponent will block ;)
I come from Displacer, so maybe it's better to play Thunder God safer, but Raiden's damage in the corner is huge, so unless I have a big life lead, I think I'll always take the 50/50.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
You can lrc after any launcher anywhere on the screen for good meterless damage. You can only do it once per combo. It's also good to set up 50/50s.

Yashiro Aniki

Aniki of Steel
Still i didn't try the LC but all i have to do is:
db1 (hold 1), forward dash, run
is it like that? or am misunderstanding.

Use f1,2 at the end instead of 2,1. It will link on any combo, where as 2,1 will not work if you launch with a lightning charge string

nugava

Noob
Some shit like that ?
Two bars are just to show off... I would not use LC Cancel in the corner for the combo (unless for the kill), but save it and use it after b14 for standing reset and +++ frames with the b2/b3 mix up.

b14, LC, 214 is feasable. Easier when the opponent is in the air during your b14... (That's what will happen anyway)

Last edited:
Hey people I'm new to the forums anyways what can TG raiden cancel fb into and how exactly is it done also OT but how do people 214 into shocker etc it seems to me the combo stops then the next starts so just need a heads up keep up the raiden love guys! This has been a good forum to stalk to work on my raiden thanks and hope someone can help

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hey people I'm new to the forums anyways what can TG raiden cancel fb into and how exactly is it done also OT but how do people 214 into shocker etc it seems to me the combo stops then the next starts so just need a heads up keep up the raiden love guys! This has been a good forum to stalk to work on my raiden thanks and hope someone can help
String~lightning(hold until following run starts), run, string.
Only thing to keep in mind is that you should be hitting opponent with initial string high enough, so your string of choice is b14~FRC (only restanding one, so you can both use it against juggled opponent and use FRC with actual purpose). Other than that, nothing special, just tight execution.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
So does it combo with everything? I just messed around with it a bit, tried 11 LC into whatever string, for me it didn't always combo. Doesn't work after a b2 for me either. Is it just my execution or are there limitations to it that I don't know of?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So does it combo with everything? I just messed around with it a bit, tried 11 LC into whatever string, for me it didn't always combo. Doesn't work after a b2 for me either. Is it just my execution or are there limitations to it that I don't know of?
It's just rather hard to do as window is pretty small. That's why people suggest doing this after hitting juggled opponent with b14 high enough - it grants maximum window, even though it can put opponent quite far midscreen.

skrone

cold blooded
I haven't been able to get the LC to work with anything other than the already mentioned b14~LC, f12. That being said, this week I have started practicing with a hitbox and the LC is coming out ALOT faster. Will try and cancel out of b2 tonight. If it works, I'll let you guys know

skrone

cold blooded
So far, I've been able to cancel b2 with db1~run, but I'm not going to say its a true LC as I have yet to extend a combo from it.

skrone

cold blooded
I don't think doing an LC out of b2 is a good idea. You only get ~2% damage from the first hit of b2 before the LC and with the damage nerf in TG that just isn't acceptable damage. Nothing I have messed with has been equal to the utility of doing the LC out of b14. The execution isn't nearly as demanding and you get frame advantage plus a standing reset. After patch, this has been the only way I have been able to get decent combo damage. What do you guys think? As an aside....canceling b2 into EX df2 is an awesome way to light up someone crouch blocking. You can go into a combo from there, and you don't have to waste any stamina chasing someone down after a full b2.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't think doing an LC out of b2 is a good idea. You only get ~2% damage from the first hit of b2 before the LC and with the damage nerf in TG that just isn't acceptable damage. Nothing I have messed with has been equal to the utility of doing the LC out of b14. The execution isn't nearly as demanding and you get frame advantage plus a standing reset. After patch, this has been the only way I have been able to get decent combo damage. What do you guys think? As an aside....canceling b2 into EX df2 is an awesome way to light up someone crouch blocking. You can go into a combo from there, and you don't have to waste any stamina chasing someone down after a full b2.
If you're spending stamina for combo, you will regain it by the end of it anyway, especially as Raiden. IMO meter is more precious.

Does b2~LRC makes it safe? If not, probably doesn't do anything of worth for you.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
@Barrogh I believe there is a way to OS B2, to where if it hits, you can combo. If it's blocked, shocker comes out. I'm not sure if they removed this in the patch or not (if somebody can confirm that would be awesome)

But really, the ability to make B2 safe is kinda silly. For the damage we get on it, it SHOULD be punishable

skrone

cold blooded
@Barrogh I believe there is a way to OS B2, to where if it hits, you can combo. If it's blocked, shocker comes out. I'm not sure if they removed this in the patch or not (if somebody can confirm that would be awesome)

But really, the ability to make B2 safe is kinda silly. For the damage we get on it, it SHOULD be punishable
I was still able to do the B2 OS df2 last night after downloading the patch. It doesn't make B2 safe, but it makes it much less punishable, (like -7 frames instead of -63 frames)There is a thread that goes into this in more detail.
@Barrogh B2~LRC does seem to make B2 safer but, the timing is very strict. The OS is the better way to go.

Last edited: