What's new

raiden tag team thread - which character is best to team up with a god?

R2FI

Noob
i'm slowly starting to test out random chars so i have a second main or sub char. aside from damage output, wakeup options, mixup abilities and cool animations (it's a game and meant to be fun! so yeah, how the animations look like is important to me) it would be perfect if that char also would be a good partner for raiden.

anyone has some experience in playing tag with raiden already?
which chars do you use?
which chars would be best suited for raiden, what do you think?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
i'm slowly starting to test out random chars so i have a second main or sub char. aside from damage output, wakeup options, mixup abilities and cool animations (it's a game and meant to be fun! so yeah, how the animations look like is important to me) it would be perfect if that char also would be a good partner for raiden.

anyone has some experience in playing tag with raiden already?
which chars do you use?
which chars would be best suited for raiden, what do you think?
I use Sonya cause she is hot. She is also my sparring partner. Occasionally I would pick Sub-Zero just because I like his slower, more strategic style of play.

Incidentally that reminds me. I wish in a future DLC they would add an option to turn off blood and real-time bruising. I really like looking at Sonya but after a few hits she is all covered in blood and bruises, errrr, not so pretty.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
1. Get Raiden and Scorpion into Tag team
2. Use Scorp's unblockable assist & then FLY!
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

hi rafi....

hmm.. i got a idea 4 u
play play play, try try try, and u will find a tag/team char, wich is good and works FOR YOU 4!! ...
i mean r u serius?

R2FI

Noob
after playing around with some chars and team combos and stealing some ideas from youtube team combo vids i thought starting with the partner (i tried cyber sub, scorpion, sub zero, just to name a few), doing a combo, cancel into assist (raidens ex electric blast), which gives a free jumping, and continuing my combo from there.

eg with cyber sub:
2, 1 xx assist, j2, 2, 1 xx iceball, etc.

my problem here:
after 2,1 hits the assist is sometimes blocked, and i dont know why. in 4 out of 5 tries it will hit and the jumpin is guaranteed, but there are cases it just wont connect - i keep the same distance, the same timing... weird.

am i missing something or is that some kind of glitch?

btw, my highest damage so far with cyber sub: j2, 2, 1 xx assist, j2, 2, 1 xx ice ball, j2, 2, 1, 1+2, dash b2, 4 (50%)

with one more bar and corner: j2, 2, 1 xx assist, j2, 2, 1 xx ice ball, j2, 2, 1, 1+2, (you are in the corner now), 3, 4, 3, 4, ex slide (60%)

(no, scorps assist into electric fly wont connect, not even from point blank)