What's new

Raiden Shenanigans

i HATE noob raiden players, i was reptile and i faced this cocky raiden who wasn't even that good and kept teleporting and sweeping. mind you i would block low and poke him out of my way but he ended up winning (barely) because of these cheap ass little gimmicks, I kno i should of predicted the teleports and supermans but because of the lag i my timing was off and fell under the complete douchebagness of a noob raiden player. Now i have faced good raidens and know what they look like..this guy? was fuckin terrible and thought he was good. He knew raidens braindead corner combo after superman and that was the only thing he could do that was damaging. other then that he was just annoying. sorry to post this here but i had to vent because he had me raging.

Loot

the special effects
You can combo after superman? No but really, block. How do you know he thought he was good? Was he talking on the mic saying "Damn, I'm good? Lick it, baby." Was it because he was doing unsafe rushdown and getting away with it? You can interrupt his "braindead" combo with Elbow Dash during the b312/334 string. You can elbow dash to avoid the d1 frame trap after you block either of those strings. You just got outplayed and you're salty, its understandable. And of course somebody is going to put you into a position where they can do their most damaging combos, which just happens to be the corner for Raiden.

And if you're playing on PSN he is even easier to punish.

lol i knew id get a post like this..lol im semi-trolling here. i Know all about mk9 i dont need to be given a lesson, i kno his damaging combos, i know how to block etc. and i know how to punish i was just starting some online matches and warming up and thats what i had gotten but i rematched him and slaughtered him several times. This post was more about me flaming and venting. I am used to playing good raidens, so when i faced an inferior one like his..i was put off and didnt adjust to his gameplan very well. Its taken care of, thnks :) and yes i was salty, now i am the shaker. ha.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
lol i knew id get a post like this..lol im semi-trolling here. i Know all about mk9 i dont need to be given a lesson, i kno his damaging combos, i know how to block etc. and i know how to punish i was just starting some online matches and warming up and thats what i had gotten but i rematched him and slaughtered him several times. This post was more about me flaming and venting. I am used to playing good raidens, so when i faced an inferior one like his..i was put off and didnt adjust to his gameplan very well. Its taken care of, thnks :) and yes i was salty, now i am the shaker. ha.
So let me get this straight...

You got beat once, then beat him "several" (3+?) times, and were still so infuriated by his first win that you had to come on here and vent? Logic says you're lying.

A good Raiden player can be difficult to punish. A bad Raiden player is super, super easy to punish. Learn to distinguish the two, and learn how to play against the two.