What's new

Question - Raiden Raiden mix ups?

Kazoot

Noob
Does Raiden have any decent mix ups this go around? I don't own the game yet, and I've only had the opportunity to practice on the weekends at my friend's place. I've done some decent little combos in practice, but I don't think I've seen many mix ups for him.

Whitefox

Noob
I like b2 for an overhead decent midscreen but incredible in corner. 34 is also decent at both but don't use often because it's slow.

3 2 is good as a low starter in the corner. Midscreen you won't get much out of it unless you do d1 ex shocker.

You can do 3 2 b1 4 but the timing is very strict and hard to react to if 3 2 lands.

3 3 is decent but it's fast and so yu have to commit to an ex shocker if you want to get some damage of it. 3 3 normal shocker is not bad too because shocker is only -6 in this game.

Posted from iphone sorry for spelling/ grammar issues

B2 is really un-safe on block but you can use d1 poke to make your opponent block low. As well if you can get your timing right on b2 then go df2(shocker) if the opponent blocks the shock will come out leaving safer on block.

I love the b3,2 option mid screen or corner. You can lead that mid screen into pretty decent combos or you can do superman after b3,2(holding 2) and that will get them closer to the corner.

nugava

Noob
d1 is a mid, why would the block low your d1 ? (Of course they block low your d1... but that won't last long.)