What's new

Raiden got me suspended from XBL

So all my fellow Raiden players know about the hatemail that comes after you really stomp someone into the ground. So recently I turned off incoming messages and voice, and changed my bio on my profile to read:
"Please forward all hatemail to [email protected]. I take my losses like a man and you should too. Learn to play, chump!" knowing that the only ones who would be offended were people who couldn't send the hatemail they wanted to. Well after a pretty good couple of days in ranked online, I get my account suspended because some sore ass losers complained about my profile because they got beat and couldn't send that hatemail. Granted, it is only a 24 hour suspension, with Microsoft giving me the reason of offensive profile, but still funny. Thought I'd share with people who understand!

spacey

Noob
Wth? I mean yeah it's kind of funny but if you got suspended again wouldn't it be for longer?
I'd be kinda pissed with XBL considering it's a paid service and they are just suspending you for no good reason. ESPECIALLY since it's like $10 a month now.
That's bullshit.

Tho I can see how getting that suspension would make those victories even sweeter... :)

Hopefully won't get another, they changed my motto and profile to:
"Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct"

So I'm going to leave that as is, since it is from Microsoft themselves there's no (forseeable) way to get in trouble for that. And yeah after the salt wore off it did kind of make the victories better lol.

aj1701

Noob
Lame. I wonder if its an automated thing or if some dumbass at MS actually found it offensive. Dont suppose you could challenge it?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah apparently you have to be careful about what you put in your profile, lest some angry loser report you to MS. Same thing happened to me with the 24 hour suspension. Kind of bullshit since it's a paid service, but whatever I guess, MS gets away with whatever they want.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
This is the best thing ever. XD

Not laughing at you OP, just how the term salt has officially gone to a whole new level online.

@ aj: the email said don't bother calling and that it won't get reversed. And that it was reported offensive by other players.
I personally don't see how it was offensive (especially to people in an M rated game) but ya live ya learn. Should be lifted by the time I get home though so gonna hop back on and keep playing, with my Microsoft written profile so no one has any grounds to complain.