What's new

quitting UMK3...

I'm gettin sick of gettin worse and worse at this game when I try to improve. I'm pretty much no good anymore. Just thought I'd let the people I usually play know, one more bad week, and I think I'm done.

I'm done too until I get a new controller. I can't even block.

No seriously, my RB doesn't work. I cannot block.

stahan

Noob
eyekramer said:
I'm gettin sick of gettin worse and worse at this game when I try to improve. I'm pretty much no good anymore. Just thought I'd let the people I usually play know, one more bad week, and I think I'm done.
Man if you think you're bad then I must be horrible. You always beat me. I think you're just going through a slump. You're a really good player and I would hate to see you leave.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would advise both of you save up and buy a custom arcade stick. It will make the game so much more fun and you will get a lot better. Take my word on it.

BOTH of you guys have improved every time I've played you, and forunately there was a lot of time between them so it was a certain improvement.

Shock- that's very encouraging to hear. Last times we played, i was having good nights but I've had trouble keeping up that level of play for a while. It just pisses me off to do well against good players, then lose matches at the very last second a thousand times in a row. I would like to get an arcade stick but I can't really afford it now. I'd also rather get good than cheap. But I am interested in getting one.

stahan, you're not horrible at all man, Ive seen people better than me giving you your props and you've given me good matches.

Overall, I think I just get too carried away when I go through these slumps. I should probably start thinking more from the perspective that if I play this game for the rest of my life like I probably will, what's so bad about a three month long slump here and there?

Tim Static

Adminerator
This game was meant to be played on a stick. I grew up on the sticks and having to come back, re-learn everything on the Xbox controller has been a bitch.

As Shock said, it is NO DOUBT you will get better if you get a stick made.

Good fucking lord, I cant wait for mine.

PM I Love Poop for info on getting a stick made.

Alot of being good at this game is having nothing else on your mind.

When there's alot of stuff going on I can't do well.

Try to play only late at night (and use headphones) Then you have minimal lag and that way you only have the game to think about. Of course, a working controller helps. :wink:

Take a break. Belive me your always getting better. Just play, with no distractions, and like some are saying save up for a stick. I'm currently saving up for a stick. Talk to Poop or Kazlaz to get one arranged.

Your always getting better man.

i was trying to do that like 2 or 3 times in the past man (when everyone can beat me) but seriusly you cant. In this moment i am out of that weeks and once you get out of that you return beastly better :twisted: and beating past oponnents like i am doing

No man, you cant.

No You Cant

Man its just a slump you just got to work through it and besides you'll learn something from loosing and that will only make you better.

so as not to cause any personal disruptions.. Anyone care to PM me who they'd recommend for sticks: Poop or Kazlaz?
This is what I'm looking for:
Solid.
Basic.
Purple.
Standard button config w/Guide addition.

That's about it.. I don't need no crazy expensive graphics, I don't need no special materials. I just want a sturdy, basic, purple control lol.

Instead of asking them individually, I'd ask what the UltimateMK.com members would recommend because, frankly.. 6 broken controllers isn't cutting it, and I don't want to get too used to using the control and lose my uber stick skills.. :(

Tim Static

Adminerator
megalomaniacvon said:
so as not to cause any personal disruptions.. Anyone care to PM me who they'd recommend for sticks: Poop or Kazlaz?
This is what I'm looking for:
Solid.
Basic.
Purple.
Standard button config w/Guide addition.

That's about it.. I don't need no crazy expensive graphics, I don't need no special materials. I just want a sturdy, basic, purple control lol.

Instead of asking them individually, I'd ask what the UltimateMK.com members would recommend because, frankly.. 6 broken controllers isn't cutting it, and I don't want to get too used to using the control and lose my uber stick skills.. :(
The irony in you posting in a thread wth UMK3 and quitting in it is just funny.

PM I Love Poop.

No. I have 4 gamertags x.X;
Cwel Vonzilla is just a changed version of my gamertag I made back in November 2001.. I didn't want to ditch it.. It's holy to me.

I have 3 other tags I play UMK3 on regularly.. So imagine how much I play if you see me on Cwel Vonzilla this much... :X

anyways.. I'm watching the Chronicles of Riddick now.. Vin Diesel is hot.

But I'm gonna go practice some random silly crap combos I was messing around with earlier in UMK3 in a bit.

Yeah.

DARXYD3 said:
I'm done too until I get a new controller. I can't even block.

No seriously, my RB doesn't work. I cannot block.
Yeah, same. I don't know when that will be.

These piece of shit Madcatz micro controllers fall apart so easily, but they're the only kind I can use and play decently with.

I've gone through 3 of them in the 4 or so months I've had the game.

yea i should probably get a stick too......that 360 controller is crap with umk3...i think i could get better with a stick......hmmmmmmm

eyeKramer,
I'm sure you probably know everything I have to say on the subject, so I'll just say I hope you'll just take a break and come back. Either way, don't fall out of touch... I'm still gonna need you to be my drummer when Rock Star comes out, lol.

In all seriousness, though, please reconsider. It's getting harder and harder to find online players who aren't total douchebags, and it'd be a shame to lose a true gentleman gamer like yourself. Anyway, drop me a line if you ever want a game, MK or otherwise (though I don't know if we have any other games in common).

-Papa