What's new

Quick question regarding Reptile

I've learned about Reptile a lot, and have come a long way from when I started, though I'm still not 'great' but I am still continuing to learn. Some people can learn multiple characters fairly quickly, my focus as of now is STILL Reptile, Lol.

Ok, so now my question is, many of Reptile's combos requires you to JIP prior to starting a string such as 122~ or 321~, though when I see footage of high level play with Reptile, players never throw in a naked JIP out of no where leading into a combo string. It's usually Elbow Dash JIP than the 122/321 combo string.

My problem is I've tried this and could never get it to work fluidly. I've seen players use JIP/122/321 string as a pressure string or to combo. But when I attempt it, I never could find my self to successfully Elbow Dash/JIP because I end up getting staggered due to the block and can be easily punished, basically there isn't breathing room for me to start a string after Elbow Dash, but in footage I see, people can do with no problem. Am I doing something wrong?

I'll try to find some footage, so you guys can see, maybe I'm viewing what I see wrong, but it sure looks correct.

Thanks.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
What you wanna do is, dash from mid screen, you'll be about an inch from their feet. Then jump over and initiate the string. I personally like to use JIP 2 fast FB NJP 32 slow FB 321 slide for 38% damage. If you want to apply pressure, alternate the slide for slow FB/EX slow FB.

Online, I just don't use the NJP following the fast FB, still does 34% damage - the added 4% damage is nice but eh...online.