What's new

Quick question about performing high damage combos

Sullen

Noob
I know most of the people here play on their computer and have the controls set-up to maximize their performance, but my question is: Is it possible to do the same high damage combos (as seen in your videos) while playing on the actual arcade machine? I'm especially having trouble doing multiple juggles. I realize that it should be the exact same game but are the people who make these videos able to replicate the same combos while playing on the full-sized arcade machine?

dreemernj

Ambassador
I don't remember the combos enough to know if there are specific ones that can't really be done on stick. For the most part, I don't think there are more than a few that are impossible on stick, but most of them would be incredibly difficult, since they were incredibly difficult on keyboard.

One thing to keep in mind with these combo vids, most of the combos required a LOT of attempts to get recorded. On keyboard, some individual combos took HOURS of trying to get recorded just once. They are probably possible on a stick, but I think it would be the same situation where you'd be trying to do it on the stick for hours upon hours trying to get it right.

EDIT: And then there is Ermac. In some ways I find his tk slams a lot easier to do on the stick and a lot of 100% combos for him are definately doable if not easier on stick.

Sullen

Noob
dreemernj said:
I don't remember the combos enough to know if there are specific ones that can't really be done on stick. For the most part, I don't think there are more than a few that are impossible on stick, but most of them would be incredibly difficult, since they were incredibly difficult on keyboard.

One thing to keep in mind with these combo vids, most of the combos required a LOT of attempts to get recorded. On keyboard, some individual combos took HOURS of trying to get recorded just once. They are probably possible on a stick, but I think it would be the same situation where you'd be trying to do it on the stick for hours upon hours trying to get it right.

EDIT: And then there is Ermac. In some ways I find his tk slams a lot easier to do on the stick and a lot of 100% combos for him are definately doable if not easier on stick.
Thanks for the advice, you guys make it look easy in the videos, its good to know that they actually are difficult to pull off, stick or computer. It seems to me that it would be a little easier doing things on the computer, but thats why I asked. Looks like I need to keep practicing. The reason I asked is because I play on an actual full-sized standup arcade (I've got one in my house) and I was having a lot of trouble trying to duplicate some of the combos that I've seen here (the basic ones are pretty easy, but multiple air juggles, and anything around 100% gets extremely difficult). I've got to give you guys credit, there's some really impressive stuff in those videos!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OMG Ermac 96% corner combo - Reptile 5x juggle! Impossible! lol.

Thanks.