What's new

Question Quick Q for you Kabalites.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I have been bunkering down and training A LOT lately. Been learning the ins and outs of Kabal. Learning his options, whiff punish setups, NDC, combos, all the fun stuff.

Everything was going wonderful, however, then this happened.

I started to focus on counter poking with Kabal. Obviously, F4 was my natural counter poking tool of choice (block a d3 get a mid that I can hitconfirm into combo). I was trying to do this online and noticed that I was getting blown up almost everytime. I chalked it up to online and never thought anything of it.

Then, I started playing around with it in training mode...and discovered this:

When Kabal is neutral crouched, and he tries to F4 I get a neutral input. F4 shows on my inputs on the side of the screen, but Kabal literally stands up and does nothing. I cannot do it instantly out of crouch. The only way I can seem to get the F4 out is if I literally go neutral, and as Kabal is doing the stand up animation, I can then throw out the F4. This shaves off valuable frames.

Is this a converter issue? (Etokki) Input issue, normal?

If you are confused and need me to elaborate more please let me know.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
Im not sure what you are trying to say unless this is the case! Tell me if im missing something

-You have to just stand neutrally then do f4. It can't be done when crouching in practice mode.
-You blocked a low poke which was d3 then did a f4 and then a midscreen combo Online.

Here is what you can do or how you get in that hitconfirm. Try dashing by forward forward then f4. It always works for me. Maybe that's how you would just hit confirm it. Dashing gets you out of neutral crouch quickly.

button log with Kabal is never usually 100% accurate. It can't even display the correct input when I do dash cancels. Crouching with Kabal can usually never be chained or linked.

STB TakeAChance You should try the f4 input on another controller, if you can borrow one. That's the only way I can think of to tell whether it's human or controller error. I really think the latter to be the case though, since I don't see much room for error with this input. Dumb question but did you try f4 out of crouch with other characters to check if this problem is consistent throughout?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait a second...how can kabal punish a d3 on block if its only -7.....isn't f4 9 frames?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
It was an online jab, I should've used an emoticon lol.

You're safe d3'ing Kuhbleh, unless the opponent makes a read and goes for an ex dash. You can't have any set rhythm in terms of d3ing this burnt freak, or you'll be read like a Dr. Seuss novel. (In under a minute)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You get a free F4 check after any blocked d3. If they try to follow up with ANYTHING they are getting hit by the F4. You can f4 into saw or tornado slam or go for a NDC once conditioned.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
You get a free F4 check after any blocked d3. If they try to follow up with ANYTHING they are getting hit by the F4. You can f4 into saw or tornado slam or go for a NDC once conditioned.
ah, so thats why they do it, thx....it had me wondering for a while why they would do that if they couldn't punish anyways.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
ah, so thats why they do it, thx....it had me wondering for a while why they would do that if they couldn't punish anyways.
No problem :). Whiles not a punish in the traditional sence, anytime kabal blocks a poke, the situation reverses into his favour.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I have been bunkering down and training A LOT lately. Been learning the ins and outs of Kabal. Learning his options, whiff punish setups, NDC, combos, all the fun stuff.

Everything was going wonderful, however, then this happened.

I started to focus on counter poking with Kabal. Obviously, F4 was my natural counter poking tool of choice (block a d3 get a mid that I can hitconfirm into combo). I was trying to do this online and noticed that I was getting blown up almost everytime. I chalked it up to online and never thought anything of it.

Then, I started playing around with it in training mode...and discovered this:

When Kabal is neutral crouched, and he tries to F4 I get a neutral input. F4 shows on my inputs on the side of the screen, but Kabal literally stands up and does nothing. I cannot do it instantly out of crouch. The only way I can seem to get the F4 out is if I literally go neutral, and as Kabal is doing the stand up animation, I can then throw out the F4. This shaves off valuable frames.

Is this a converter issue? (Etokki) Input issue, normal?

If you are confused and need me to elaborate more please let me know.
This happens because your hitting f4 so fast that your not giving yourself a chance to let go of block so when you do f4 you stand up and do nothing because you hit the input before you let go of block. I used to get this alot when I first started counterpoking with strings.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
This also happened to me when I started counter poking with strings such as Sonya's 4. I found for me the issue was using the trigger as the block button. If you are holding the trigger all the way down, you will block a bit longer than intended before you input your normal and it will not come out since as Curbo mentioned you are still in block animation. It still happens to me sometimes.. very annoying. Another reason why some prefer a Ps2 controller.