What's new

Question Question for the Kitana Pro's

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

I have just thought of something, but Kitana is probably the character I know (how to play) the least in the roster, so I need some solid answers in as much detail as possible, only from people who know the character inside and out, if you are a casual Kitana player then please refrain from passing on any info that my be questionable.

How effective is (on a blocking opponent) A JIP, :bp:fp Fan Cancel into :fp:fp:bp?

Basically I need to know, how easily can the opponent poke you between Fan Cancel going into 112? Is it natural for the opponent to poke if they see this? Has that ever been used before from a JIP?

I am unsure of all of the above, but I do know the opponent can neutral duck her first standing :fp

Because if this works, I have something that I think will help her, I am not an expert with her, but I am always looking for ways to push any character when I try them out.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've tried this several times and 9/10 times they've either jumped out or poked me out of the cancel. I've successfully done a blockstring into ex fan cancel throw a few times though.

LEGEND

YES!
thats 21 Ex Fan cancel, 112 right?

if they are use to you using 21 to space out on block for like a F21 or B2 follow-up then once in a while you could catch them with the ex fan for a combo but as a block string 21 Ex fan cancel isn't that great, definitely not when followed by 112

either way its not worth the meter

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
it really won't be hard for them to d1 you out of it. unfortunately, kitana has nothing like cage's ex forceball pressure. not worth the meter to do blockstrings that have a small chance of working.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
EX fan toss cancel is +5 on block and 1 is 14 frames plus the slight dash in so there's a large gap.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Ok, that's what I was afraid of, because if it worked, you could substitute JIP 112 :en cutter for JIP21 :en fan cancel, into 112 cutter, which gives you the same meter back, slightly more damage, and it's easy to hit confirm 21 :en fan into full combo.

Damm, thought i had something.

you could try jp 112 ex fan cancel into 212 or d+4 or grab

not really worth it imo
they can still poke you out of it, or use armor