What's new

Question for stick users

I use the Madcatz TE Tekken/SC stick and it works on PS4 but when I tried the controller I felt my inputs came out quicker and smoother. So to you guys that use the stick do you guys feel there is some delay or input lag since its not an official PS4 stick? Can anyone with PS4 stick compare it with a PS3 stick?

controllers will be slightly better in some areas just means you need to work on your exuction could even be the weak sanwa jlf joystick it self it needs a 1.0 agutator get get the full effect be shorter inputs and what have u

controllers will be slightly better in some areas just means you need to work on your exuction could even be the weak sanwa jlf joystick it self it needs a 1.0 agutator get get the full effect be shorter inputs and what have u
Execution isn't the problem. I can do my combos flawlessl, its just when I tested both out during training mode it felt like my inputs came out quicker when I used the controller. I can still do combos on stick and I have only used the controller once thats why I was surprised at how fluent the controller felt. I use stick for all fighting games except DoA cuz Idont have my stick for ps4 yet but I use it on ps3 version. When you say some areas what do you mean? and do you mean all controllers or just this case because the stick isn't a PS4 stick?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It felt like there was some lag when I used my PS3 stick today for sure. Just barely but it's there.

i just think thats how sticks feel. i wouldn't go out and buy a ps4 stick tho if your on ps3 and already got a stick.... i mean no point really. an easy mod you could do if you really wanted ps4 functionality is get a hori fighting commander and replace the current pcb in your stick you'll still be ps3 and ps4 ready

shoryuken forums is the place to ask and find all this kinda information like i said gunmo is quality he dual modded my xbox one te 2 with a hori commander for so im now ps4 ps3 ready but i dont own either i just use it for tourneys

i just think thats how sticks feel. i wouldn't go out and buy a ps4 stick tho if your on ps3 and already got a stick.... i mean no point really. an easy mod you could do if you really wanted ps4 functionality is get a hori fighting commander and replace the current pcb in your stick you'll still be ps3 and ps4 ready

shoryuken forums is the place to ask and find all this kinda information like i said gunmo is quality he dual modded my xbox one te 2 with a hori commander for so im now ps4 ps3 ready but i dont own either i just use it for tourneys
I'm getting the PS4 stick because I actually like how it looks and Im selling one of my sticks so I want another one. If thats how the stick feels on this game then that would be very unfortunate since Im not the only one here that says there is some lag. Hopefully its just because of the PS3 stick and not for all sticks.

xbox one users cannot use 360 sticks at all just wont work period..... you have to have an xbox one stick or no stick play for u says quan chi

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I Also have a TE2 Fight stick and the TE1 too and a few Hori lying around. I also have the same problem and it happens with every fighting game that comes out. yes replacing the pcp could work but most of the time a patch usually fixes this issue. Don't fret though. Why? Well because the input delay will serve you well online with not only the memory and lag but also the timing of plinking and stick control that is need in putting up with the delays. I have the exact same problem as you and I've gone online just to see if for the umpteenth time does this theory still hold true an I am still 12/3 win/loss while remembering about the lag and delays that come with stick.

My advice is to either stick with it or switch if its too much trouble.

Good luck

I Also have a TE2 Fight stick and the TE1 too and a few Hori lying around. I also have the same problem and it happens with every fighting game that comes out. yes replacing the pcp could work but most of the time a patch usually fixes this issue. Don't fret though. Why? Well because the input delay will serve you well online with not only the memory and lag but also the timing of plinking and stick control that is need in putting up with the delays. I have the exact same problem as you and I've gone online just to see if for the umpteenth time does this theory still hold true an I am still 12/3 win/loss while remembering about the lag and delays that come with stick.

My advice is to either stick with it or switch if its too much trouble.

Good luck
There is no lag for SF with stick when the game came out or did you mean something else? I only feel the stick lag with this MK but I'm guessing its because the ps3 stick is not meant for the ps4. I don't have much problem with the stick but it just feels smoother with the controller. I just wish it was like this for the stick because I prefer to use stick over controller in most fighting games.

I have a TE2 now and have tested it out. When Im in training with two humans. I would press Square with a controller and my TE2 at the sametime as both Liu Kang. The would usually jab each other. When doing with with my TE2 vs my TE1 the TE2's jab would always come out first. So I think the Skullgirls driver has a small input lag since the TE1 isn't meant for PS4.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Its an extra processing step, so there will be input lag. Same principle that applies to TVs, if it adds additional processes to the image before it is displayed, it will lag.