What's new

QUESTION FOR REO & TOM

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

Can either of you explain why Cyber Sub's Bomb froze Kano at 8:21, while he was being :en dive kicked?

That is the first time I have seen that happen, I have done the same set up many times and the opponent has never froze.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
i think it's the placement of the bomb. there's such a small window for it to properly freeze. it also was timed to explode directly after the last hit of the divekick.

xTac

Noob
usually when the opponent is being hit, and not on block, the bomb will not freeze.
Bombs will not freeze if deployed WHILE the opponent is unable to hold block.

In other words, Bombs will freeze only if deployed WHILE:
1-the opponent is holding block
2-the opponent is walking/dashing/neutral

I have said this before, so here is the same thing in other words again, in case it is still unclear:

Bombs will only freeze if at the moment you finish dialing the input the opponent is at '1' or '2'.

If at the moment you finish dialing the input your opponent is:
a)performing any normal move or string
b)performing any special move
c)knocked down
d)in the air
e)in stagger state*

Bombs will NOT freeze

UFG... getting hit has nothing to do with it... its all about when the input is registered. You can put out a bomb while the opponent is at neutral and they will freeze no matter how you hit them.

On the video the bomb was deployed while kano was walking ... therefore the freeze.

*This breaks the "block" rule... dont know why, but thats how it goes.

UsedForGlue

Bombs will not freeze if deployed WHILE the opponent is unable to hold block.
The definition given to me by Paulo Garcia was ''if the opponent is in venerable frames, the bombs will not freeze'', which I always considered as the opponent being un-able to block when the bomb hits, not when deployed, that was never specified by Paulo or anyone at NRS, still to this day. You are the first people to say state this, and its right.

So I took your points, and I have come up with a few ways to put the opponent in a bomb freezing scenario in which the bomb will freeze regardless, it will need some development time in match practice against good opposition, I will post the traps as soon I think they are ready.

Thanks for the reply TAC

xTac

Noob
I have come up with a few ways to put the opponent in a bomb freezing scenario in which the bomb will freeze regardless, it will need some development time in match practice against good opposition, I will post the traps as soon I think they are ready.

Thanks for the reply TAC
No problem man. Now i am curious to check out those setups. :)

One thing that is worth mentioning is that you can even refreeze with the bombs.

Example 1: Close bomb, mid bomb, hit the opponent anyway you like it so they wake up before the second bomb blows up = opponent wakes up and gets frozen again.

Example 2: Close bomb, Ice ball = opponent gets frozen on the ground by ice ball, then refreezes into the "bomb freeze animation"

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
After watching Tom, he inspired me to maybe looked into trying kano he looks hilarious lol.

On-topic-I remember reading somewhere that a bomb will only freeze if its used seperatly and not from a combo or after a string that recently stunned the opponant maybe thats why it froze because he shot it and then hit tom with the EX divekick.

the bomb will only freeze if its deployed when the opponent is in a state where they are free to block/move. basically the bomb must be put on screen when the opponent is at neutral, where they can block and they cannot be in any kind of hit/move recovery stun.

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
the bomb will only freeze if its deployed when the opponent is in a state where they a free to block/move. basically the bomb must be put on screen when the opponent is at neutral, where they can block and they cannot be in any kind of hit/move recovery stun.
or that...

UsedForGlue

the bomb will only freeze if its deployed when the opponent is in a state where they a free to block/move. basically the bomb must be put on screen when the opponent is at neutral, where they can block and they cannot be in any kind of hit/move recovery stun.
Cheers man.

That's a very stupid system. Why would they code it to work that way?

I think they got onDeploy and onExplode mixed up in their code.

I see this in the same way as people using the air ice clone for Sub-Zero for combos, if only the bombs effect lasted as long or worked like proximity mines. So we'll soon see people who find a way to start with an Ice bomb and use a combo that leads into it freezing the opponent, and then connect the BnB combo from that. All it will take is someone with the time and the creativity but even then we would have to see if it worked a competitive battle.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The definition given to me by Paulo Garcia was ''if the opponent is in venerable frames, the bombs will not freeze'', which I always considered as the opponent being un-able to block when the bomb hits, not when deployed, that was never specified by Paulo or anyone at NRS, still to this day. You are the first people to say state this, and its right.

So I took your points, and I have come up with a few ways to put the opponent in a bomb freezing scenario in which the bomb will freeze regardless, it will need some development time in match practice against good opposition, I will post the traps as soon I think they are ready.

Thanks for the reply TAC
Have I seen any of these traps yet? Or was the one you and Doku were using one you'd come up with before?

Cyber-Sub's bombs are confusing as hell. They're so inconsistent.

UsedForGlue

Have I seen any of these traps yet? Or was the one you and Doku were using one you'd come up with before?

Cyber-Sub's bombs are confusing as hell. They're so inconsistent.
I have one set up after an up4 into bomb, it requires another bomb after that, if they hit the first bomb, the second will freeze.

And I have my fullscreen bomb into block string.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
That's a very stupid system. Why would they code it to work that way?

I think they got onDeploy and onExplode mixed up in their code.
Paulo Garcia explained on NRS' tourney stream that CSUB's bombs would stay the same in order to avoid possible bomb tramps and such. Iunno how.

I think if the same rule was applied to Cyrax's bombs it would possibly solve his whole leaky boat issue. If one of his bombs is thrown out when an opponent is at a disadvantage it just knocks you down instead of popping you up, ect.

Just a thought.

I think if the same rule was applied to Cyrax's bombs it would possibly solve his whole leaky boat issue. If one of his bombs is thrown out when an opponent is at a disadvantage it just knocks you down instead of popping you up, ect.

Just a thought.
This would completely ruin his bomb trap, but cyber sub's bombs are horrible themselves. Even for if it is for cyrax, this would completely ruin his bombs. We only want to make the cyrax high damaging combos get toned down.

Uhm, no it wouldn't, it'd just ruin his bullshit resets.
Uh huh, tell me then. How many times are you actually able to hit and freeze someone with Cyber-sub's Ice bombs? And don't bullshit me. We don't need to give cyrax from OP Bombs to UP bombs. What cyrax needs is a massive damage scale after he hits you with one of his bombs, enhanced or not.