What's new

Question - Thunder God question for Raiden fightstick players

Train

Noob
hey guys, I decided to drop my hitbox and play raiden on fightstick (got 2 fightsticks for xbox 360 and ps3), but I have problem with b14 LRC execution.
Basically after b14, I can't get lightning bolt animation to come out.
I can get it maybe every second time, and it's very strange, since I can check LB inputs and it's correct. Timing is also right. (I did this easy on hitbox).
So any advice from stick players ? Do you have problem with this ?
I am doing same inputs and timing, and LB comming out 50% of the time? what's the trick ?

I can do all LRCs on hitbox, but I just don't like left-right-up-down movement, that's why I want to go with fightstick.

@GGA Dizzy help plz and other raiden fightstick players

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Well i use a fight stick as well but i am more of a up -down-left-right guy.
nevertheless i know where the problem might be.
It happens to me in streetfighter too. since you play with alternate motions the input of lightning bolt are as follows:

d db b 1 instead of d b1

sometimes having a stiff hand or other issues like a little habit might cause that your hand gets stuck at d db and totally misses b to make it a full qcb.
so instead of d db b 1 you might input d db 1 only

Since you r new to fightsticks it is something that comes with practicing. as i already said it happened to me also so keep it up buddy just a little practice and ull get it ^^
hope i could helps somehow

Train

Noob
I can do easy 100/100 solo lightning bolts... even with only d db1 LB will come out.
But something is wrong with my transition, and I can't figure out what.
I already used fightstick and I am not new with it... just this thing is bugging me so hard and I can't figure out what is the problem.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I find the trick on a dual shock is to just input ffR2 as soon as you see the projectile being charged by raiden. Once you get the cancelling into run part down I'd start to practice cancelling the run into 21 and b11. Those are pretty much the only relevant things you'd need to cancel into after b14db1LRC. My biggest problem at was just the lack of muscle memory at first because I was forgetting to hold square as I input the run and the projectile would just come out sometimes. It might also be a bit fidgety but it should come naturally if you practice on any given controller without switching.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
when you set up buttons in game did you change your negative edge or alternate input or input shortcut settings? one or all of those may be affecting you differently on a stick. in essence hitbox is kinda like a giant dpad so on stick it may work a bit different. try changing those settings and see if it helps. shortcuts alone gives you diagonal for specials, maybe if alternate is on too it makes it more or less precise. i prefer only shortcuts on i havent messed with alternate or negative edge.

skrone

cold blooded
@ToxicBaraka1210 I HATE negative edge. I have my buttons setup different though, top row is: stance change 1,2,interact bottom row is: throw,3,4,block and it has worked out really well. Keeps the stance change button out of the way, and you can hit throw with your right thumb to use it on reaction. I use the same layout on my hitbox. Though I wonder....could negative edge have some use putting out orbs?

skrone

cold blooded
@Train the switch from hitbox to stick is WEIRD at first. Go into practice mode and spend some time working on njp f2 b14~LRC, f1. That will beat out the discrepancies and help you diagnose the issue.Thats how I did it Since your right hand already has the muscle memory, it will come quickly. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about with the lightning. At least for me, my right hand and left weren't moving in proper sync with each other. You might want to double check the timing thing though, I thought I had the timing right as well when I switched, but it turns out I was still comparing it to hitbox timing, which is not the same. Try doing it a hair later than you normally would.