What's new

Question Question about the Tantrum Stance???

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Ok so I know this is gonna make me sound like a scrubby noob, but it is just frustrating me...

When you perform a tantrum stance I can't seem to link a 2nd one in.

This is the combo I'm trying to do and well its almost one the most major parts of using Harley.

tantrum stance,1, tanrum stance, 3 Simple enough a scrub can do it, but for some odd reason she always does a back roll on the second TS.

I play using a fight stick and thought ok I might be accidentally moving the stick back after doing the 2nd input, so I even resorted to completely letting go of the stick and yet she keeps doing it or it works once then doesn't work again.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just crazy???

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I have trouble going from the Tantrum Stance to the cartwheel. All it seems I can do is either roll forward, or fire off her guns. Kind of annoying...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've honestly never tried two tantrum stances in one combo lol... Is it even worth it?
Unless you can do one after b3 then no. I could work on it some more.

TheSpore when are you inputting the 3 after the second tantrum stance? Don't wait is the best I can say for now. Hit 3 before she finishes landing.

Edit: I'm not saying that I pull off massive damage combos, but combos that involve b3 do more damage from what I've been seeing.

TheSpore

Thnx KillPhil that might work I do kinda delay my final input, @EMP Villian, the TS is a huge foundation within keeping long strings going and gets a pretty descent amount of damage output.

Thanx again guys

TheSpore

Ok guys KillPhil's idea is eactly how you get it to work, DO NOT delay the last input, hit it right after you finish the TS input, I have managed to get to work over 5 times flawlessly, thank you all again.

redeyes

Button Masher
why are people doing 2 TS combos? it gets you like 20%
always go for TS 1 B3 when you hit confirm into TS 1

yeah im having some serious issues with tantrum following up with 1. online, over 50% of the time she just rolls out of it for no reason even tho i pressed 1. offline tho it comes out easy. im losing a LOT of matches because of it. ill get a great hit with ts and she rolls out of it for no reason

Jermball

Noob
Hopefully my input will be of some help

yeah im having some serious issues with tantrum following up with 1. online, over 50% of the time she just rolls out of it for no reason even tho i pressed 1. offline tho it comes out easy. im losing a LOT of matches because of it. ill get a great hit with ts and she rolls out of it for no reason
It sounds like the general problem is this. Keep in mind the timing is different online because of lag etc, blabla. Now an easy way to make sure cartwheel comes out, is to wait for her to dropkick first, if you DB3 and tap 1 too fast, you won't get the cartwheel, you have to see her dropkick them first then tap 1. I used to mess this up, and once i learned how big the window is to confirm dropkick, it's much easier.

Ok so I know this is gonna make me sound like a scrubby noob, but it is just frustrating me...

When you perform a tantrum stance I can't seem to link a 2nd one in.

This is the combo I'm trying to do and well its almost one the most major parts of using Harley.

tantrum stance,1, tanrum stance, 3 Simple enough a scrub can do it, but for some odd reason she always does a back roll on the second TS.

I play using a fight stick and thought ok I might be accidentally moving the stick back after doing the 2nd input, so I even resorted to completely letting go of the stick and yet she keeps doing it or it works once then doesn't work again.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just crazy???
From what this sounds like you may be inputting your string too fast, try what i said above about slowing down your inputs.
if you do db3 1 db3 too fast and try to mash 3, sometimes it won't come out.

Also if you would like a nice gun combo with the low shot guns.
Try B22 tantrum stance 1 B3 uf2 11 tantrum stance 3. 40% Hope this input helped!

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I've tried to put in her cartwheel when she kicks them, but it usually fails. However I found that what works better for me is what someone had said before where you immediately press the action for the cartwheel right after you do the input for the Tantrum Stance.

I had problems with this initially, it works for me to delay the 1 after I do tantrum stance. It seems like TS uses the same mechanics as tech rolling, so what I wait for is to see Harley lay on the floor before I hit 1, otherwise if you press 1 as she's about to fall it treats it like a tech roll. That's what I noticed at least.

TheSpore

I had problems with this initially, it works for me to delay the 1 after I do tantrum stance. It seems like TS uses the same mechanics as tech rolling, so what I wait for is to see Harley lay on the floor before I hit 1, otherwise if you press 1 as she's about to fall it treats it like a tech roll. That's what I noticed at least.
In other words this liekly a bug we are seeing occur, because then it means the game cannot discern a tech throw from a TS.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I initially had problems getting a consistent cartwheel out of tantrum stance, but I found my problem in practice mode. I was typically pressing back and 1 at the same time which would sometimes result in movement input after down, back and 1. So I'vc started training myself to complete the full back motion on the stick before pressing 1. I can get it everytime now unless I rush it too impatiently.

I initially had problems getting a consistent cartwheel out of tantrum stance, but I found my problem in practice mode. I was typically pressing back and 1 at the same time which would sometimes result in movement input between down, back and 1. So I'vc started training myself to complete the full back motion on the stick before pressing 1. I can get it everytime now unless I rush it too impatiently.
Exactly what I was thinking. I had the same problem a few days ago where I would roll back out of tantrum accidentally. If you press 3 too fast for tantrum stance, it will start correctly, but the Back input registers AFTER. because of that, you end up rolling backwards. Just make sure you don't do it too fast and that you press 1 just a little bit later.

D

Deleted member 9158

If you do the input too quickly, she'll just roll away. Make sure you've inputted the full DB3, not D3B. That's how she'll cancel it and roll away (and get her shit kicked in as well). This game seems a little more sensitive to inputs than MK9, so just keep that in mind when you're doing it. Practice makes perfect!

Also I've had serious problems connecting a B3 after TS 1 online. I can land it perfectly offline, it's a little frustrating.